Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Game Coach idea; Doing research for a class, please help!!

Hi everyone... I'm taking some business classes, and I am doing a project about the concept of an online Game Coach site.. I think there are 7 multiple choice questions, and I'd really appreciate if you could help me out....

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/renders...zp6ha1pl277253

-Chry
Old 03-15-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Game Coach idea; Doing research for a class, please help!!

Neat idea - although your demographic seems tough to meet. It seems to me that you'd be looking for gamers who have basically reached a plateau of skill in a certain game, but are still interested enough in the game to be willing to pay for coaching. That skill plateau seems to be when most gamers start getting bored of a game and looking to move on.

It also seems a bit odd to lump chess and poker in along with World of Warcraft and CounterStrike. Chess/Poker coaching runs top dollar and is a rather specialized area.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Game Coach idea; Doing research for a class, please help!!

[ QUOTE ]
Neat idea - although your demographic seems tough to meet. It seems to me that you'd be looking for gamers who have basically reached a plateau of skill in a certain game, but are still interested enough in the game to be willing to pay for coaching. That skill plateau seems to be when most gamers start getting bored of a game and looking to move on.

It also seems a bit odd to lump chess and poker in along with World of Warcraft and CounterStrike. Chess/Poker coaching runs top dollar and is a rather specialized area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dire,

Both of your points are right on.. Identifying the people that have improved but can't get past a certain point is really the potential market, for the reasons you state...

In so far as lumping poker/chess on there; I put that question in so I could see the perspective of the person being asked the question. After thinking about it, that question should have been first, and should have been worded "what games do you play".. That way I get an idea of who I'm hearing from..

In any case, a few more people and I'll post the results; i doubt they are a shock to many.

-Jer