Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Default A4s oop (live 15/30)

Live 15/30. Villian here is pretty laggy. In the past couple rotations he's raised 76s utg+1 and cold called my 4-bet with T9s. He seems to think post flop and try to read hands, but I'm not sure at this point if he's any good at it. Basicaly he can find a fold if he thinks he's beat, but his default is still pretty loose.

Anyway, I open in the hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], CO 3-bets, and I call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check and decide to peel.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, and I almost c/r, but the way he bets makes me pretty sure he will call a raise, so I just call.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, planning to call.

Seems like every street is debatable. How many did I screw up?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: A4s oop (live 15/30)

I don't see how PF is debatable. I have a hard time calling the flop without also deciding that I'm getting to SD no matter what. The 4% flush possibility just doesn't do it for me. That said, I don't mind going to SD with ace high on a K99 board. Don't want to make a habit of it though. On the river, I don't know why you wouldn't bet. Or at least check/raise.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM

He needs to fold the turn approx. 20% of the time to make the semi-bluff correct. Seems doubtful against this player but you would know better. I bet the river and call a raise. Too many hands checking through.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Why in the world would you c/c the river? That's the one play I'd never make here.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how PF is debatable. I have a hard time calling the flop without also deciding that I'm getting to SD no matter what. The 4% flush possibility just doesn't do it for me. That said, I don't mind going to SD with ace high on a K99 board. Don't want to make a habit of it though. On the river, I don't know why you wouldn't bet. Or at least check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree about the flop. It really depends just how wild he is. What makes the flop call even harder "agaisnt a player like this" is he is checking the turn like never.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM

I probably fold preflop 2/3 of the time. I'd open if I'd been very quiet for a while and had shown down good hands in recent memory. A4s is a wee bit little light to open from the HJ, especially with a squirrelly LAG behind.

I'd fold this flop as played. I might peel one time in five.

Check/call is best unless he's inclined to give you a lot of credit. I might have a one in ten checkraise frequency here.

I'd bet the river and call a raise.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 AM

I hate every street. (except preflop)
Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate every street. (except preflop)

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn is okay with me too, but a c/r to spook out better hands and some 7 outters would be nice too.

Flop is a pretty easy fold, it has villain's name written all over it. River is a pretty easy donk or c/r. I think I would actually c/r but donk might be the better play.