Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Somebody Up there likes me

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)
I'm not sure about my flop three bet on this drawy board. Should I have waited till the turn to protect my hand?
Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.20 (All-In), MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (15.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB
Old 03-14-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Somebody Up there likes me

Its quads night in the micros forum.

Is there a question with this hand? This is easy ram-n-jam.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was if my flop three bet was ok on the flop when there was a straight draw, a flush draw, and four players to act behind me. Of course quads on the river heads up is a "rammin jammin" hand. But my pocket kings were looking pretty flimsy on that flop.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Hi,

I call mp2s flop raise as he will have seen your raise preflop and put you on a possible overpair, yet raises the flop. I would put him on a FD/good SD (QJ looks likely on the turn), poss two pair.

Of course once the turn and river comes all those concerns go bye-bye.

Beak
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 PM

The flop 3-bet is fine. You likely have the best hand. You can't protect a hand in a huge pot but can value bet it. If you opt to wait for the turn OOP MP could easily check it through to get his free card. If the FD comes in on the turn you still have the redraw with the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Getting Ax to fold on the flop is good, getting A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fold on the flop is very, very good.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was if my flop three bet was ok on the flop when there was a straight draw, a flush draw, and four players to act behind me. Of course quads on the river heads up is a "rammin jammin" hand. But my pocket kings were looking pretty flimsy on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carmine pretty much got it. I think you 3 bet here to take out any Axs and esp the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. No one else is folding their draws if they only need one card so make them pay and hope you hold up. Once you hit the turn and river, its a no brainer.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:42 AM

pretty sure i c/r the river =)
Old 03-15-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My question was if my flop three bet was ok on the flop when there was a straight draw, a flush draw, and four players to act behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]I like three-town for value with this many players behind me. If your question was only about the flop play and you weren't here for the micro quads night, you might cutoff the action at the flop.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:41 AM

If somebody up there really liked you, he would have put the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in your hand and the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would have been the river card. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Doc
Old 03-15-2007, 10:18 AM

If somebody up there really liked you, he would have given MP1 a deeper stack.