Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Protein Powder Reviews - Your Input

What protein powders are you guys using, and what's your opinion on them?

I'm currently using Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Protein - Chocolate Flavor. I like it a lot more than the other powders I've tried (Prolab, Muscle Milk), and it has a pretty good nutritional profile.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Protein Powder Reviews - Your Input

Metabolic Drive... I'm pretty meh on protein powders. Might order some custom blends in the future.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 PM

so far using Vitamin World Whey Protein, vanilla is like eating chalk and tastes like [censored], chocolate is delicious

i have about 7 lbs, but on the velocity it should go pretty quick...will probably try metabolic drive after that...
Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM

The optimum nutrition chocolate mint flavor is excellent. The only thing is it doesn't come in 10 lb bags, just the 5 lb containers.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Beverly Nutrition's is the best I've ever used. Tastes great and easy on the gut but pricey.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Protein - Chocolate Flavor.

[/ QUOTE ]

10lbs bag baby!

Thremp pointed me to a custom blend protein company which I think I will try out in the future. Shipping is really expensive though so for now I am sticking to standard suppliers. I've also order Optimum Nutrition's After Max mix which has the simple sugars I recently learned that I was missing in my post workout shake. It also has 5g of creatine/serving which should be cool to try although I doubt it will be enough to really do anything.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:41 PM

I was talking to a friend who suggested an 80g dextrose 40g whey post work out mix. I'm trying to find a whey that doesn't have as much artificial crap in it and is just strictly hydrolyzed/isolate... what's the nutrition label like on that after max stuff?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM

After Workouts I use Nectar by Syntrax currently. It is a fast digesting protein. 9/10 rating. I really like it and it mixes in water with a spoon.

Flavors tried:

Apple 10/10 Amazing and the best by far IMO.

Lemonade 9/10 A littler sweet at 1st but now I really like it.

Peach 8/10 Not bad, not great. Mixes the best out of all them.

Ice tea 8.5/10 Good taste but doesn't mix as well as the others for some reason.

Cherry 0/10 I have no idea how some people on here actually like this one. I am gagging with every sip and look forward to the day I finish this tub so I never have to taste this again. Think cough syrup gone bad and that is what this tastes like.

In the day and before bed I take Muscle Milk. 10/10 Love it and have been using it for years. Slow digesting protein so good before bed. Using 2 flavors now (reviews below) and do 2 cups of 1% milk in a blender, 2 scoops of the powder and 5 ice cubes blended. Takes very good.

Chocolate Banana Crunch 9/10 Only 9 as I am getting sick of this flavor but still amazing.

Chocolate Mint 10/10 Wow. Get this one. Trust me.

They also have like 14 other flavors so you will probably find one you like. In the past I tried most of them, from rootbeer to mango but I keep coming back to these 2.

Note: these are both pretty expensive powders and I go use lots of them so the $$$ adds up over time. Keep that in mind.

Taste is most important to me though as I won't drink them if they taste bad so these are the best for me.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to a friend who suggested an 80g dextrose 40g whey post work out mix. I'm trying to find a whey that doesn't have as much artificial crap in it and is just strictly hydrolyzed/isolate... what's the nutrition label like on that after max stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

After workouts I take 2 scoops of my Nectar (46 g of protein) and ~90 g of dextrose. Same idea I guess.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the nectar facts http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html