Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Hypothetical Situation

Just wanted to run a very simple hypothetical situation. Say its 5 or 6 handed blinds are at 75/150 and your stack is 1.5k. Opponent w/ a stack of 2k makes it 450 to go and its folded to you in late position. With what range of hands are you shoving over the top here? Are 88 and 99 good enough here knowing that youll probably be flipping for stacks and have little fold equity?

What if you only have 1-1.2k instead of 1.5k, whats your pushing over the top range then? This is all readless

I think a lot of people don't know when its apropriate to get involved in a coinflip type hand so I thought I'd come up w/ this hypo. What do you all think?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical Situation

What makes you think he raised exactly 66+,A7s+,A5s,K9s+,Q9s+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo when you have 88 and 77+,A8s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+ when you have 99, and also never fold?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical Situation

I don't think any of that. What i'm trying to get at w/ this post is when is it correct to push overthetop to a raise, and when it is correct to fold (with no read) when you have 10bb or fewer.

I mentioned coinflipping because in my experiences it seems that often times when pushing over the top here you are in a coinflip be it your pp v their overs or your ak v their pp.

I wanted to start some sort of a discussion about this topic but no one seems particularly interested.