Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Two KK hands.

I have lost 20 of the last 23 KK hands. Pretty sick, so I decided to take a close look at those hands. Here are two wich I am not sure about.

1-2 10 players

Hero is CO K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB is 54/0/0,73 over 300 hands.
UTG no reads, just joined.
Mp1 is 50/0/0.71 over 200 hands. Calls down all sorts of garbage.

PF: UTG raises, mp1 calls, hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12,5sb) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
All check, hero bets, BB calls, UTG raises, MP1 calls, hero 3-bets, sb folds, UTG 4bets, mp1 calls, hero calls.

turn: (12,75bb) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG bets, hero...

I am pretty sure I have to fold here, but I am curious to what you people have to say about this. It seems I am folding too often.

Also I would like an opionion about my flop 3-bet.

SECOND HAND:

Hero is UTG K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain is UTG+2 21/0/1.22 200 hands.

PF: Hero raises, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, all fold.

Flop: (7.5sb) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, mp1 folds, Hero calls.

I called here to checkraise a non spade turn. But I am not sure if this was a smart move. I thought villain could have something like AK or AQ with an ace of spades because he seems pretty tight but rarely raises.

Turn: (5,75BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero raises,

How did I play this hand up to here? Is this line good or merely spew? What line would you advice?

Thanks Set.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Two KK hands.

* Grunching fish here *

First hand:
Are you folding because you think (= are pretty sure) villain made a set of Q's? If so, I would have folded after the 4bet instead of calling that last bet.

His betting does suggest he made his hand on the flop - he called PF, but raises you twice on the flop. Maybe a set of 9's?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Hand 1
I would just keep calling him down, chances are still big that he has AQ since he would probably cap QQ preflop.

Hand 2
Thats a hard one since u might already be beat. If u do the reraise on the turn, than u might just be providing him more money. On the other hand, he might still be on a flushdraw, and if u dont bet, than you're giving him a free card.
I think a hand like this should be played by your feeling, don't know what others think about it.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:55 AM

Hand 1. I would have lost more in hand 1, as I would have raised the turn, and only slowed down if he RR'd. I think it is possible that villain had AQ as much as a set.

Hand 2. ON a flush board, I would have called the turn, and probably river. As opposed to check raising. I tend to tread very carefully on flush boards, since SOOOOOO many players play sooted cards loosely. A set is a possibility, as is the flush. I would go to the river as cheap as possible, and only fold if a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] showed up.

Todd
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM

HAND !: Nice pot. I suppose we are behind more often that we are ahead but villain can also play Ax spades or Aqo this way. If he holds 2 pair Our KK could counterfeit his 2 pair sometimes. And of course we have 2 nice outs to our top set. With the pot size I probably call down on this one.

Hand 2: May be behind against this villain but I think I bet the flop as you did but then maybe call down from there UI. Another option might be to 3 bet the flop and fold to a cap. I'm really not sure about this hand. I just hate to fold an overpair to this drawy board.