Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 AM

Default AKo hits a king against a nit

Villain is like 16/9/5 over 60. Hero is probably about the same.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($37.40)
MP ($77.05)
CO ($14.99)
Button ($40.20)
SB ($70.66)
Hero ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $4.50.

Flop: ($13.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($53.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero cheeeecks...(~1/2 PSB left)

First question: do I check the flop here? This always looks so fishy to me and it seems like nitty guys check behind so often.

Second question: With a little under a PSB left, my first impulse was to push the flop over his raise. But why don't I just call and hope he bets the turn? Against a nitty guy, the only draw he can have here is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and I'm getting it all in when freerolled anyways. I'm also getting in when behind anyways, so the only thing I have to lose by playing this passively is giving him a free chance at a 2-outer. And I think I'm more likely to get him in with a TT-QQ by pushing river if he checks turn behind (versus by pushing the flop).
Old 03-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: AKo hits a king against a nit

I think your line is ok. I don't have a better one, but I think he is obv aggressive from his stats, and AA and KK are getting felted here pf. So pretty much i think we are way ahead as only 66 worries us (would he raise 22). I think checking the turn may gives us the best chance for him to pay off. I just think we are way ahead here as only AA or a set scares us, and all those hands are unlikely.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 AM

I like a shove on this flop. The guy is super aggressive and you're only worried about 22/66 here. I think he repops AA pf, and you want to charge the draw on the flop. I honestly don't see him being ahead of you here unless he flopped a set and that would suck. If you just flat call the flop I don't think you're getting anymore value out of QQ-TT from what looks like an ok TAG, so just shove.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping to get my stack in here. My thought process seems to result in a line that's contrary to conventional wisdom around here, though.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 AM

I don't think shoving flop is bad at all. But i also dont think your line is that bad. Although, I would just bet out on the turn now that i think about it. He reraised you and you come into him for a 1/2 potsized bet. That'll get called every single time. So just bet the turn or push flop, i think both are ok.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think shoving flop is bad at all. But i also dont think your line is that bad. Although, I would just bet out on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

this i believe is a superior line. i would hate to see the turn checked through and then shove to river and have him fold.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 AM

Checking the flop is crazy talk. I always get stacked here unless I fold to the minraise, but I probably wouldn't fold here becasue I would probably think the guy was on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw ( I always think everyone is on a FD) and trying to buy a free turn and river. I may give the guy some credit if I really stop and think about the hand, but probably get stacked anyway. I think I win more when I fold to the minraise than I when I repop AI.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 AM

*Limit player new to NL*

Is it because of my limit playing history I put this guy on a naked FD as well as 22,66, KT+ and TT-QQ?

Anyways if its likely villain is playing a FD like this as well, then calling the clickraise and pushing the stack on a non heart turn seems good right?

I mean Hero's equity changes dramatically depending on whether a heart drops or not.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 AM

Yes, but on a non-heart turn if you pot it do you think he comes along with a FD? I'd rather get it all in as a 70/30 fav vs. A) calling and having a heart turn killing my hands or B) calling and shoving a non-heart turn and having him fold. The gain in equity is less than 10%, and if he doesn't even have the flush draw and is able to bluff you off your good hand then the hand is a disaster.