Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Ken_AA Collge BBall NCAA 1st Round

Old Diminion +105
I really think they are the better team right now. Butler has been very Blah the last month.

Duke -6.5
I'm a big Duke fan, I'll get that out there. However, VCU plays a 6 man rotation with no one over 6'7. The two players that do have that size and play decent minutes have had foul trouble all season. Fameni averages over 3 fouls a game in just 26 minutes. I think Duke is gonna be able to dominate the boards with McRoberts, McClure, and Thomas, along with Henderson and Nelson.

VCU does shoot well from 3 point land, and from the foul line which are keys to an upset.

However, VCU does not play good defense ( Ranked 130th in the country using KenPomeroy's defense system) which is big trouble for a team looking to pull one off. VCU has also struggled on the road the last month and a half.

1-31 Lost @ Hofstra
2-10 Lost @ Old D
2-14 Won by 10 @ UNC Wilmington
2-24 Won by 2 @ Georgia St.
I'm not sure who the crowd will be cheering for, The Duke games I have seen in NYC have always been Pro Duke, not sure about upstate. I will be there cheering for Duke.

Here is the last thing, who has VCU beat this season? Lost to Xavier, APP St., and Bradley. Best out of Conference win is....... ummmmmm..... Charleston? Albany?

Due to many of the same reasons as above

OVER 135.5 Duke/VCU

Wright St +10
Pitt hasn't looked good their last few games, Wright St is playing very well. I will also be at this game, and after Duke beats up on VCU I will be hoping they play another mid major to the sweet 16.

Mich St -2
Unimpressed with a banged up Marquette team.

Texas Tech +140
Toss up game, I'll take the + number and Bobby Knight.

Stanford +200
I have L'ville in my brackets but that was one of the toughest games to pick. +200 is too much. L'ville is practically home though.

Kentucky +1 Even
Nardi didn't make it through practice today. Kentucky and the SEC as a whole is underrated in my mind.

Ken