Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Does he have a hand or is he tired of me raising ?

Just played this hand. Maybe it will be clearer to me when I review it tommorow objectively but I'd like some feedback.

SB is a very tough,solid player 14/12/2.8 ~1100 hands. Plays aggresively Preflop and very good postflop player (although can be a little too aggressive at times). He defends his blinds a lot but not too much. (Probably defends optimally I'd say)
Previous to this hand I've been on a huge rush of cards. I've raised PF 4 hands in a row and about 7 out of the last 10. I didn't show down any of these hands either. Before that I'd been pretty solid. (maybe around 18/14/2.5)I'm not sure how the metagame aspect plays into to this hand. Does he actually have something here or is he noticing that I'm running over the table (without showing anything) and playing back at me. Do I get aggresive anywhere in this hand postflop or given his aggression should I call down?? Basically I'm asking how do I play this hand in this situation against this opponent ?

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
8 players

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP3 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB 3bets, BB folds, Hero caps, SB calls

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9SB, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Does he have a hand or is he tired of me raising ?

converter's messed up, bb folds pf then is the only guy postflop? anyway so it's sb. i would check the flop and call the turn and riv. if he's spewing, let him spew, and if you're beat (which seems somewhat likely given that flop maneuver of his) you don't spew.

you basically said it yourself that you've been running over the table and it's possible that he's playing back at you. given that you have a hand and he's playing back, get to a cheap showdown.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 PM

I think you played the hand well. I think the flop bet is good because I think you're usually ahead when he checks to you.
[ QUOTE ]
Does he have a hand or is he tired of me raising ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we're hoping it's a bit of both. Given the image you have recently established, I think the good, aggressive player will be value betting (and bluffing) with queens or less often enough to make the calls on each street profitable. On the river, you appear to be toast, but I think you should pay it off. Also, if you get to SD, I think people will see you're not just stealing with trash.

No, I don't think you should have gotten more aggressive postflop. If he is behind, I think you should let him bluff (or value bet) into you.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:06 AM

You raised 4 hands in a 4 and 7 out of 10 and you thing people are only starting to catch on now? Oddly enough, that sounds about right.

I had have you on auto 3 bet in the dark long before this time; it's just a frigging shame that so many others are asleep at the switch.

In any event SB (or BB) is too far from your action to be playing back at you in this spot. I'd say he has a hand.

Why do people CR this flop? It only makes sense if he's representing a K and not actually holding one. Since you called he should be done with the hand but he's not!

Most likely he's got a K, but a 6 is not out of the question either.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people CR this flop? It only makes sense if he's representing a K and not actually holding one. Since you called he should be done with the hand but he's not!

[/ QUOTE ]
If I was the blind in this hand, I would check-raise a strong king or greater on this flop in this situation. Only agaisnt very rare players would I even consider check-raise bluffing to represent a king trying to get him off a better hand than mine.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:35 AM

The thing is, the hero capped this PF. I think that will severely up the quality of hand needed for the SB to go nuts with. If he is good and has a weak K, wouldn't he be in WA/WB mode here? I think he has a very good hand and you're toast more often than not.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you basically said it yourself that you've been running over the table and it's possible that he's playing back at you. given that you have a hand and he's playing back, get to a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, your opponent is representing a king, or better, but it is very possible that he has a ten, or just is playing at you because of the action you've put in recently. Either way, a raise on your part will either kill your action, or cost you extra if your behind.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM

You say we have 1100 hands on this villain, and he is solid. If he is solid, then I am assuming he has just as many hands as you and knows that the last orbit is not indicative of your normal game.
I would doubt he is playing back at you here. I agree with the consensus that he has a legit hand.

Either way you need to play this as you did. Show this hand down if only to show the table you had a solid hand. They will remember this hand much more than the other 7 that they didnt see.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:22 PM

i would 3bet the flop(if capped call and fold UI), bet the turn and check the river. total of 2.5bbs. your line invested 3bbs.

that is a pretty standard line for me to save a sb on a board like that when i feel like i usually want to showdown. some turns i would check through(OESD for instance).
Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would 3bet the flop(if capped call and fold UI), bet the turn and check the river. total of 2.5bbs. your line invested 3bbs.

that is a pretty standard line for me to save a sb on a board like that when i feel like i usually want to showdown. some turns i would check through(OESD for instance).

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta disagree as I see JJ or other pocket pairs trying to represent the King here often enough. I play it the same as the hero. If villian ever checks after flop play, I check too.