Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 10:46 PM

Default 50/100 Deep

Live 50/100
Villian 1: 20K Played hundreds of hours together very good tricky tag
Villian 2: 40K Alot of history, plays pretty good most of the time, capable of crazy moves depending on game dynamics. At the time of this hand, he had been playing normal nothing out of line
Me: 40k

Villian 1 limps in ep/mp Villian 2 raises to 400 in hijack button calls, I call with pocket 4's in the bb & villian 1 calls.

Flop: 4 8 10 rainbow
checked around to button who bets 800
I call, villian 1 calls, and villian 2 (pf raiser) raises to 5k total, button folds, I just call, villian 1 calls

I was a little surprised at villian 1's call and at this point I am fairly certain he has 79 or 9J.
Villian 2 can do this with a big pair trying to see where he is at and also with a set of 8's or 10's.

I felt if I raised his 5k bet I would only be called or pushed in with a set, villian 1 would fold any hand except a set and villian 2 would instamuck a big pair.

turn 6 4 8 10 rainbow: pot 17k

I check, villian 1 checks, villian 2 takes extra time, wants to bet then checks
I am very confident villian 1 would bet turn if he hit his 79, I now believe he has 9J.
I was planning to fold if villian 2 bet cause I think he would only bet a set at this point.

River 5 6 4 8 10 pot 17k
Hero???

I played the hand different and was thrown off by villian 1's call of the 5k flop bet. Any thoughts on this line or other lines? Lead turn? If lead turn, fold if villian 2 pushes?

Another bit of information was the fact that villian 2 checked the flop initially with a very, very tight player on the button who most likely would check.