Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Default 10/15 nl Tropicana AC

10/15 nl at Tropicana in AC, good game, 2 huge donkeys, one with unlimited money, 1 huge nit, 3 solid players

3rd hand at the table but i have played with most of these players at least once before. I complete small blind with 88, i mix it up here with raises and calls but i figured 3rd hand ill see what is going on at the table.
BB is a huge donkey who makes it 75 to go, Whale calls in MP and solid players takes effective button and calls.

flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check figuring either huge donkey bets at it after raising BB or the whale does going for a check raise but it checks around.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Huge donkey(~$1100) in BB bets out 100(??) whale folds and solid player (~$1700) in late position flat calls. I have ~$2k

What is my line here? the donkey has AK im almost 100 percent of that, when the button flat called i was like, this guy has the [censored] nuts. hes a tight player but he is also tricky, my hand was obviously really undefined as my flop plan got [censored] up but i want to know what my action is on the turn, what about a blank river?? how about when the board pairs??

this hand really confused me when i played it and i have thought a lot about it

all thoughts appreciated
Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: 10/15 nl Tropicana AC fold set??

hint: no
Old 03-13-2007, 08:41 PM

good response, changed title so no more good answers. like "hint: no" question about my line on following streets not if i fold there
Old 03-13-2007, 09:03 PM

if you think he has the nuts obviously call and hit a boat

i would raise preflop and lead this flop into a donkey
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: 10/15 nl Tropicana AC

Can't imagine button flatcalling turn with a flush, or donkey checking a flush draw on the flop. You're ahead here 95+% of the time. Play accordingly.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 PM

Granted I'm the a-hole that folded a boat getting 3/1, but I have no problem with you calling the flop in this game. Your money is being made on the flop and turn as the whale is in there with any part of the board. Call preflop and check-raise the flop (bad luck there). Why build big pots when the whale has unlimited funds and will fire at most pots on the flop? He's begging to be trapped if you hit a big flop.

The solid guy is your nemesis here, and unless you're positive he has the nuts, I throw in a feeler raise to see where he's at- maybe $300 on top. That will tell you where you are with both players. Or you can call and hope you're good if the board doesn't pair on the river, but I think that's very weak.

I raise the turn in this game to see where I am. However, I misplayed a few hands in this exact game, so don't listen to me.

Lee
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn in this game to see where I am. However, I misplayed a few hands in this exact game, so don't listen to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I agree. Your line sucks. Call to win a big one.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 AM

So donkey bets third pot and solid player just calls? Im not sure why you think a solid player wouldnt try and build a pot on the flop or on turn w/ the nuts. He really expect to get 1.7k in on the river? I'm guessing your read on him is way off, id be surprised if he even has a flush.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:49 AM

it's been a while since I've played at the Trop. Sounds like a return is in order.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:32 AM

omfg bet the turn.

that's now two hands from this game where people flop monsters and basically get 1/15 of a stack in over 2 streets. must be a great game.