Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Default American Neteller account moving abroad

Let's say I am an american with money frozen in neteller.

I have heard that some people have been able to move abroad, get a foreign bank account there, and proceed to unfreeze their neteller account.

Is this true?

I have heard of two people succesfuly doing it, but I am skeptical.

Does anyone know?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: American Neteller account moving abroad

i attempted to transfer funds from neteller to my bank account. that transfer has been "pending" for almost 2 months.

i'm going to be moving to mexico. but i spoke to neteller and they said that the "pending" transfer cannot be cancelled. even once i have a neteller account set up in mexico, they said, i will not be able to access those funds.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM

Your "pending" withdrawal almost certainly means it was part of the $55 million seized by the DOJ/USAO as evidence in their case against NETeller's two founders.

I too am curious about the question posed in the OP.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i attempted to transfer funds from neteller to my bank account. that transfer has been "pending" for almost 2 months.

i'm going to be moving to mexico. but i spoke to neteller and they said that the "pending" transfer cannot be cancelled. even once i have a neteller account set up in mexico, they said, i will not be able to access those funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

they un-pended my pending transfer just fine a month and a half ago or so. it's still in there, just hanging around.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:29 AM

The short answer is NO.

First off, opening up a foreign Neteller account after you've had a US account will be a pain filled experience. Expect 2 - 3 months of constant follow up and badgering them on the phone. Also expect to have to re-explain your situation every single time you call and being told that you're not allowed to have a foreign Neteller account since you're a US citizen.

Be prepared to supply work permits, residency cards, utility bills, phone numbers, a foreign bank account.

Oh, and when you get done with all of that. They still won't transfer your money from the US account to your new foreign account.

Enjoy!

Dude, I just went through this experience and I actually legitimately live and work overseas. I don't wish it on anyone and if you're trying to scam them (e.g. you don't actually live overseas) you have zero chance of doing it.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:41 AM

I moved from the US a few months ago - they canceled my pending withdrawal - however, I still have not been able to access the money. I haven't sent them the required papers as I don't have them yet. (gave them utility bill, proof of address, they said this was fine at first - then they asked for residency permits, etc., which I dont have yet). Also, I still don't have a bank account in my new country. They have implied that I will be able to access the money/make transfers - I have no idea if they actually will though, once all of the paperwork is done.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 PM

these sik fks at neteller, imagine them trying to hold on to every fkn US dime... how much longer can they possibly get away with this?

at this point i would consider giving up my money to see all their top execs go to prison...
Old 03-14-2007, 05:39 PM

What if I have an actually citizen ID card?

I plan to move to Taiwan to open a bank account, and scan/fax that statement along with my ID card to neteller to change my country of residency. Anyone know if this is an easier process since I am an official Taiwan citizen?

Can anyone who has similar experiences changing their neteller accounts abroad give us a recap of their experiences, thanks!!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these sik fks at neteller, imagine them trying to hold on to every fkn US dime... how much longer can they possibly get away with this?

at this point i would consider giving up my money to see all their top execs go to prison...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? How long will they get away with this?

So what would you prefer? Would you rather Neteller issued you a check that resulted in your funds being seized by the US Gov't when you tried to cash it? Or how about they setup a new ACH account somewhere only to have another $55 million seized by the DOJ? At least, as it stands now, your money is being held in trust and will hopefully be retrievable at some point in the future. The same may not be true of those customers whose money is part of the $55 million in seized funds.

I honestly believe that Neteller wants you to have your money but with no safe way to get it to you they are better off holding it in trust as opposed to seeking out more ways for the US DOJ to seize more funds. If you want to blame someone for not having access to your money blame the US Government. That's where all the blame lies in this. If Neteller had a reliable method of sending you your money where they could be assured of no further seizures by the US DOJ I truly believe they would have done that long ago. As it stands they can't be sure that checks, even if drawn on foreign banks, won't continue to be seized by the USDOJ. I'd much rather that $55 million in seized funds not grow.

In short, they'll get away with this as long as the US DOJ makes it impossible for them to send you your money and no longer.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 PM

I already have in previous threads. Do a search on my name.

Bottom line is I'm 4 months into it and haven't seen a dime from my US account. I actually live overseas and am 100% legit. I may see my money one day but I haven't seen it yet.

Factoid: I only have a few hundred in my US Neteller account (had a big transfer clear the day before Neteller shut everything down - talk about perfect timing) so I haven't put the few hundred at the top of my list. I wanted to get the several thousand I had at Full Tilt which was my main reason for wanting to set up a new Neteller account. I can deposit and withdraw just fine using my foreign debit card on most other sites.