LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $197.15
Hero (BB): $201
UTG: $56.90
MP: $179.70
CO: $315.35
BTN: $208.60

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22</font>, SB calls $16

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($44, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, SB calls $30

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($104, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $65</font>

i don't have much of a read other than the player is loose.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: 1/2 tt 3bet

where is your tt

edit: ah fine, you edit faster than i post. meh, seems like an okay move to pull though i really hate 3betting light w/o reads. after you do though, seems like there's really no other way to play flop + turn.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM

I like calling a lot better than 3-betting preflop, especially in position.

As played, it seems okay. I mean, the K is a great card to bluff at, but it does seem that people tend to call down much lighter than they otherwise would in blind v. blind situations.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:42 PM

I don't really like it. I don't mind 3betting preflop (as you said, he is a loose player and you do have position and gain control of the hand) as much as continuing to bluff this hand as it is just going to get further out of control. The flop bet is a must imo, but after that I think you should cut your loss and not push this hand. By betting the turn, you will be FORCED to bluff at the river almost always. And if he has c/c the flop and turn I think you will get looked up quite frequently on the river. The only exception would be if an Ace fell on the river and you got checked to, then a river bet might scare off a hand like 88/99/TT.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like it. I don't mind 3betting preflop (as you said, he is a loose player and you do have position and gain control of the hand) as much as continuing to bluff this hand as it is just going to get further out of control. The flop bet is a must imo, but after that I think you should cut your loss and not push this hand. By betting the turn, you will be FORCED to bluff at the river almost always. And if he has c/c the flop and turn I think you will get looked up quite frequently on the river. The only exception would be if an Ace fell on the river and you got checked to, then a river bet might scare off a hand like 88/99/TT.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? no. why would you ever be forced to bluff especially in a spot where you think you'll get called??
Old 03-13-2007, 02:57 PM

echo calling pf.

raising and c-betting if he's calling raises and folding flops seems better. with no read except loose you could call pf and raise the flop or just pick a spot with a better read.

personally i'm trying to pick my spots a little more. sometimes the King bluff works sometimes you get c/red sometimes he calls. i think a read is pretty crucial here to figure out how aggressive he's gonna be once he calls your flop bet.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: 1/2 TJ 3bet

PF raise amount is a bit big. Postflop is standard given preflop and turn King.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF raise amount is a bit big. Postflop is standard given preflop and turn King.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think it's big? he has to call 16. i'm trying to cut down on implied odds.

i probably call here more than raise. i played this hand yesterday so i don't quite remember but i think he had been open raising my bb so it's a decent spot to repop him i think.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:51 PM

wtf? no. why would you ever be forced to bluff especially in a spot where you think you'll get called??

JT has no showdown value at all...it makes no sense to bet this turn, if we arn't planning on bluffing the river (If called). And most hands that the villian will call with on the turn, will likely be calling a river bet as well. To me, this just doesnt seem like a good spot to be double barreling and setting yourself up for a third barrel bluff with J high/no draw. Sometimes its correct to fire second and third barrels...this just doesn't feel like one of those situations...to me at least.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM

I like it but i would bet $76.

Then at riv pot is $256 and we only have ~$73 behind so I would actually give up here, no FE on that smaller bet.