Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Dan Harrington + real estate?

Heard something about him owning a big ass real estate company in Vegas. You guys know anything about that? He s like balla rich then.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Dan Harrington + real estate?

My understanding is that he owns a loan company and invests in the stock market and real estate.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:43 AM

He place is called Anchor Loans in Newport Beach, CA I believe.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM

he is one of the nicest guys i have ever met. i met him via backgammon 20 plus years ago.

if you want info see below, it is all public. and the office is in santa monica ca.

http://www.anchorloans.com/

The Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of Anchor Loans, Mr. Harrington has more than 20 years’ experience in real estate as both an investor and a valuation consultant. A licensed real estate broker in the State of California, Mr. Harrington has successfully funded over $800 million in real estate transactions. Prior to his work in real estate, he was a stock market investor and lawyer practicing in the fields of real estate and bankruptcy law. Mr. Harrington was a partner in the Boston-based firm Mamber & Harrington for more than a decade.

In addition to his careers in law and real estate, Mr. Harrington is an accomplished professional poker and backgammon player, games that he credits with sharpening his instincts and refining his understanding of equity while developing his conservative approach to transactions. He is co-author of the three-book series on poker: “Harrington on Hold ‘em.” Mr. Harrington has captured a diverse collection of gaming titles, including the 1995 World Series of Poker (WSOP) main event earning a $1,000,000 jackpot and has sat at three other final tables at the main event, placing 6th in 1987 for $43,750, 3rd in 2003 for $650,000, and 4th in 2004 for $1,500,000. The same year as his main event win, he also won a bracelet in the $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em event for $249,000 and the Seven-card stud event at European Poker Open in London. Prior to his poker accomplishments, Dan also won the 1980 Backgammon World Cup and the 1971 Massachusetts Chess Championship.

A Massachusetts native, Mr. Harrington holds a Juris Doctorate (JD) and a Bachelors of Arts (B.A) in Government and History from Suffolk University.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VESTMENT PRODUCTS

A Promissory Note is the borrower's promise to repay the loan. The Deed of Trust is a security instrument recorded with a County Recorder's office, creating a lien on the real estate described therein, thereby perfecting the debt to the property.

A Trust Deed investment occurs when an Investor purchases all, or part of the Note and Deed of Trust. Trust Deeds are funded from private sources such as individuals, pension funds, IRAs, and Keoghs, as well as other entities as opposed to institutional sources such as banks and savings & loans.

If you are a private investor or a representative of a pension plan or institutional investor, Anchor has various investment products, subject to availability that may be suitable for you or your client, listed below:

WHOLE LOAN INVESTING

A qualified investor purchases the entire note. Anchor will have various loans available for purchase and the investor will purchase 100.00% of the note. To simplify, the investor will purchase a loan in the amount of $250,000 for $250,000. The duration of your investment is for the term of the loan.

FRACTIONAL LOAN INVESTING

A qualified investor purchases a percentage or fraction of a note. The investor will then share in the income from the Note based on his/her prorated interest in the note. A minimum of $50,000 is required if an investor wants to purchase a fractional share in a note. The duration of your investment is for the term of the loan.

ANCHOR FUND

In 2003, Anchor Loans sponsored the creation of the Anchor Fund, LLC, a limited liability company (“The Fund”). The Fund invests in Trust Deeds originated by Anchor Loans.

See further discussions of the benefits of investing in the Fund at
www.anchorfundonline.com

CMO’s - Collateralized Mortgage Obligations

Short-term asset-backed certificates issued by Anchor, secured by a collateral pool of notes and deeds of trust owned by Anchor which are full recourse obligations of Anchor. Investing in CMO’s is typically for short-term purposes at interest rates lower than can be earned with the Fund or Loan Investing. The duration for a CMO investment is anywhere from seven days to one year.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Hero.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:28 AM

I feel like less of a man when I see all that he has accomplished. Its seriously depressing. At least I'm better looking though.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 AM

That is one hell of a C.V.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Dan is The Man.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 PM

"At least I'm better looking though."

Not likely, Dan looks like a LOT of Ben Franklins.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"At least I'm better looking though."

Not likely, Dan looks like a LOT of Ben Franklins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.