Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Deep in bodog 25k, Can you laydown top 2?

Ok, this was a bodog hand, so I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste it. Instead I just typed out all the relevant information.

Skeetz 33,540
jaywks 25,547
jhefty 16,317
implode 15,035
njsam4 19,437
SeaHorse 19,240 (sb)
iFoldAgain 13,841 (bb)
Safcraker 33,900
nevertilt22 25,709

Antes of 100, blinds of 400/800

nevertilt22 limps utg+1
I'm jaywks with AcKd.
I raise to 2900.
It's folded back to nevertilt22 who raises to 6040.
I call the extra 3940.

The flop is
KcAhJs.

nevertilt shoves for 18769
i call for my stack, and he flips over KhKs.

This hand is against nevertilt22, I databased him and knew that he was a good player. Later I realized that he was a pocketfives member.

I called quite fast here, because I had a big hand, and I was pretty frustrated because the table had been reraising me constantly.

But thinking back at it, I think that if I had given it some more thought, I may have been able to lay it down.

The limp reraise lowers nevertilts holdings to AK,AA,KK,QQ,JJ, and maybe even AQ. When the flop comes, and he shoves, there's a very low chance that he is bluffing.

When he open shoves, he must be hoping that I have an A to call him, because any underpair would not call this shove, QQ wouldn't call, and only AA,KK,AK,AJ, and maybe AQ would call.

Is this shove AJ, or AQ, or maybe even a complete bluff enough so that this call is +EV?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Deep in bodog 25k, Can you laydown top 2?

When he shoves, and with you knowing he is a good player, I would assume he has JJs and fold probably, but not knowing anything on villian I dont think you could fold this because (and I havent played there in awhile) the fields are preety weak on bodog... but in that case it is a call only because the range of hands to call pre flop are wider as well as the donk shove range post flop...

As is... The problem is, a good player will not re-raise AJ, and Won't shove QQ or AQ... so you are beating nothing in his range other then air... and a good player will not open raise all-in on the flop with air here preety much ever really...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:36 AM

You are usually calling here praying to chop. Not a good time to call.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:49 AM

I think given the stack sizes its a pretty easy decision. 1) shove preflop or 2) Fold Has villian limp reraised before? How was he playing? Is he solid? If he hasnt limped in early position much and now hes limp raising the alarm bells should be going off. I just think by calling preflop you put yourself in a bad spot. I'd rather see 5 cards in this spot. Given the flop call and this flop i cant find a fold given the action. I think your destined to go broke with this flop.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think given the stack sizes its a pretty easy decision. 1) shove preflop or 2) Fold Has villian limp reraised before? How was he playing? Is he solid? If he hasnt limped in early position much and now hes limp raising the alarm bells should be going off. I just think by calling preflop you put yourself in a bad spot. I'd rather see 5 cards in this spot. Given the flop call and this flop i cant find a fold given the action. I think your destined to go broke with this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, limp reraise makes my blood boil but it's always strong
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 AM

I was deep in this tourney last night too, but didn't get to play any hands with NeverTilt. But if he was even halfway active, I'd probably reraise allin PF. A reraise would commit you, so pushing is the only option.

Also, there is no way im getting away from this on the flop. Many players on there are raising big PF and pushing the flops, but I didn't see if that was a common trend with him.

Other way is if you raise the flop, and he reraises- you're probably committed. Just UL.