Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Default flush draw OOP in reraised pot

Villain seems TAGish in the few orbits I've seen of him.

I was really lost how to play this one. If we were 100bb deep I would of c/raised flop allin. But I didn't like it with 150bbs. On turn I considered c/raising allin again but really thought I had no fold equity. I probably should of folded turn (or even flop), but the 4 gave me more outs against, say, AK which I thought was his most likely hand. Also, villain wouldn't be as worried about the flush draw hitting in a re-raised pot so I thought I could count on some implied odds.

BTW, if I hit one of my outs on the river, should I push or check and hope villain value stacks himself?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($285.25)
Hero ($522.70)
BB ($278.40)
UTG ($273.75)
MP ($231)
CO ($206.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $22</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $16.

Flop: ($48) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $33</font>, Hero calls $33.

Turn: ($114) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $77</font>, Hero calls $77.

River: ($268) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button calls $150 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $553.25
Old 03-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: flush draw OOP in reraised pot

lead flop
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention the option of leading flop. The reason I didn't lead was that I thought that if I got raised, I'd most likely have to fold and I'd miss my chance of hitting my draw. But, yeah, it's probably still the best plan.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:55 PM

If you are going to run this play pre-flop, this is your flop and you should be looking to get it AI. CRAI on flop is goot imo given pre-flop.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 PM

c/r AI turn.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to run this play pre-flop, this is your flop and you should be looking to get it AI. CRAI on flop is goot imo given pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously a great flop for my hand, but the preflop move was mainly to get a fold preflop. I can c/fold this flop and the preflop move is probably still +EV.

If I c/raise allin I bet 260 to win 70 and if I'm called I'm usually about 30% to win the hand. So I need a lot of fold equity. And I think when villain bets he often has an ace and will call and allin. No?

But maybe that line is best, if I had 100BB I would of gone with that line, I just thought with the extra money behind changed that line from +EV to -EV.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously a great flop for my hand, but the preflop move was mainly to get a fold preflop. I can c/fold this flop and the preflop move is probably still +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhm, no. 3-betting 5 high OOP isn't even close to being +EV. However, it balances your hand range in such a way that your overall strategy becomes more +EV than the strategy where you always fold in this spot.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uhm, no. 3-betting 5 high OOP isn't even close to +EV. However, it balances your hand range in such a way that your overall strategy becomes more +EV compared than the strategy where you always fold in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, yes, if button opens 50% of his hands and only calls a raise with 5% of his hands then 3 betting any 2 cards is mucho +EV. Just mentioning an extreme example, but it's pretty common for a button opening range to be wide and for his range to call a 3 bet to be narrow. If this is true--until he adjusts--you can 3 bet any two cards, c/fold every time he calls and still make money.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM

If this is true for you (which I doubt, but w/e), you're 3-betting waaay too tight.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r AI turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Definitely the strongest line and it looks like AK so might get a weaker Ace to fold. (Reverse-Baluga!!) Also my equity is quite good against one pair hands after hitting the four. So probably don't need a fold that often to be profitable.

I felt at the time that villain was strong and never folding. But, I dunno, I also get allin as favourite against a higher flush draw with this line.