Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Where should I deposit

I'm looking to deposit 250-300 some where to play nl10 hopefully moving up quickly. I normally 6-8 table so a site that is easy to multitable at would be preferable. Good bonuses/rackback would be nice, but they're not crucial. I'm mostly concerned with improving my game.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Where should I deposit

Poker Stars, Full Tilt, Ulitimate Bet, or Absolute would all be good options if you are in the US. If you live elsewhere you also have party poker as an option. For 6-8 tabling with a regular monitor Stars is probably the best.

I think you can get rb deals at all of the above sites with the possible exception Stars and possibly party. I strongly suggest not creating accounts at UB, FT, or Absolute without rakeback. It might not matter to you now, but if you keep playing you will be giving up a lot of money without a rb deal. This is especially true if you move up in limits and continue to 6-8 table.

Lucky
Old 03-12-2007, 10:13 PM

Check the rakebacks and rake.

For Cash Id go with FTP for tourneys id easily head over to PS.

i think PS is the better site overall..Just my opinion though.

PS UB and FTP are all 3 top great sites..id try some freerrolls and see which you like best,
Old 03-12-2007, 10:23 PM

<u>PokerStars</u>
No rakeback
Highest number of players
Excellent tournaments
Decent 1st time deposit bonus
Re-sizable tables, so multi-tabling is easier
Great customer service
Best frequent player program

<u>FullTilt</u>
Does have rakeback
Excellent 1st time deposit bonus
No re-sizable tables
Good customer service
Mediocre frequent player store
Mediocre tournaments

These are the only 2 I play at. Long run, rakeback &gt;&gt; everything else, so I primarily play at FT.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars, Full Tilt, Ulitimate Bet, or Absolute would all be good options if you are in the US. If you live elsewhere you also have party poker as an option. For 6-8 tabling with a regular monitor Stars is probably the best.

I think you can get rb deals at all of the above sites with the possible exception Stars and possibly party. I strongly suggest not creating accounts at UB, FT, or Absolute without rakeback. It might not matter to you now, but if you keep playing you will be giving up a lot of money without a rb deal. This is especially true if you move up in limits and continue to 6-8 table.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

I already created an account on Absolute with the $250 initial bonus I am trying to clear. Is it too late to get set up with rakeback? This is something I will probably be looking to do down the road.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Yes. Once you have an account set up, you cannot go back and get rakeback. Rakeback is really the incentive UB gives to the 3rd party rakeback company to pay them for finding new players, a sort of finder's fee. The 3rd party companies then give us a good chunk of this to entice us to sign up through them. Sort of defeats the whole purpose if you could already be signed up at a cardroom and THEN get rakeback. Sucks, but that's business. You can certainly sign up through a rakeback site for FT or other sites. Just change sites after you clear your UB bonus. Plus you get the deposit bonus at FT!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already created an account on Absolute with the $250 initial bonus I am trying to clear. Is it too late to get set up with rakeback? This is something I will probably be looking to do down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - AP has a skin that operates on the same network. Its called Vegas Poker 24/7. As per Vegas Pokers network agreement with AP, players are allowed to have accounts on both sites. You can PM me for an affiliate if you interested.

You also might be able to get you AP account retagged.

Lucky