Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Hand vs Alotofaction ...preflop question

For anyone not familiar, Alotofaction runs @ around 29/24 and is super-aggro pre and very much so post flop. First question is about the call preflop, vs a player like this that calls 3 bets pretty librally what is thought about the call? I feel like im gonna hear alot of "3bet or fold"?

Other info at the time was on another table he had called my 3 bet out of postion with A9s, c/rai on ATx board and spiked a 9 on the river vs my AK, so he could think im tilting.

Rest of the hand i think is standard but would want comments on it. When the 7 came i think im actually value betting like 15% of the time...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($610.20)
UTG ($630.30)
MP ($1593.05)
CO ($2899.35)
Button ($432.45)
Hero ($603)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $21, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($54) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $110</font>, CO calls $80.

Turn: ($274) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $678</font>, Hero calls $269 (All-In).

River: ($1421) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $1421
Old 03-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: Hand vs Alotofaction ...preflop question

PF/flop are fine IMO. edit: but if he think's you're tilting, flop is not as good.

Turn is opponent dependent. Some people are never folding here once they call the flop c/r. Others will give you the free card even with an overpair. However, I think since you paired up and likely have 12432243 outs, your line is fine in a vaccuum and probably definately good against this player.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:17 PM

I might go bet/3bet vs him or c/c flop.

and you lost to QJ/88?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might go bet/3bet vs him or c/c flop.

and you lost to QJ/88?

[/ QUOTE ]

TJo

wouldnt think results matter since my main question was bout preflop, so dont think it makes a diff if i post them...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM

I'd reraise that lagtard all day preflop. i like bet/3b on the flop. i HATE the c/r. and once he calls the c/r he is NEVER folding postflop so your turn bet is terrible.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd reraise that lagtard all day preflop. i like bet/3b on the flop. i HATE the c/r. and once he calls the c/r he is NEVER folding postflop so your turn bet is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with your opinion on the c/r simply because you dont know how he views me. It could very well be terrible for YOU to c/r him here.

I really like a check raise because even if he shoves im happy to call since i am more than just a bit ahead of his shoving range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Once again, with the turn bet, wouldnt that depend on how he views me in some way? I do agree with you in the fact that he doesnt really adjust well when playing nits or looser players, but i dont think im ever crushed on the turn and i definetely have fold equity.

Also, your pretty harsh in the vocabulary you use [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 06:37 PM

Ya I don't like a cr vs a LAG. b3bet flop
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM

pf you can mix up calling/raising/folding. I'd rather b/3b the flop as it will probably give you more FE vs one pair type hands. Mixing it up between b/3b and cr is fine too, although I prefer a b/3b here.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pf you can mix up calling/raising/folding. I'd rather b/3b the flop as it will probably give you more FE vs one pair type hands. Mixing it up between b/3b and cr is fine too, although I prefer a b/3b here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just against me, but in my experience (A LOT) this does not exist in this situation. You're looking for FE against no pair hands, not one pair hands. And you're leading to induce bluffs from hands that are hopelesslly behind, not to generate FE against hands with significant value (which he will never fold).

And, OP, sorry if you don't like my strong language but I relly think you messed up just about every possible decision in this hand.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 PM

id fold this pf..
postflop with 575ish effective and pot is 54, B3B all in. if you lead and are called, id check push a 2, 4, 5, 7, 8. id bet again on a club. id check call an ace. id check consider (may fold) to a 9, t, j, q, k. if board pairs id bet/fold.

all this is subject to change...