Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Feedback needed

Playing on Crypto and some PS I have down well. Crypto is even tighter then PS. .5/1 1/2 NL Full
I just switched to IPN and the games are completely different.The IPN games are way looser and I am struggling.
Typically I am at 18/11. The main difference typically is raising loose limpers when in pos. They all end up calling and I sit with a weak in a multiway pot. Or I get someone isolated and CB and they call the flop. I guess one of my weakness is firing the another bullet to get then off a weak hand. Whch when playing weak players is required.
So I was going to tighten up my game to around 15/8. Cutting down on my isloation moves in late psotion but limping on the co with big pot hands T8s K7s low pp. Likely but not always raising with suited connectors.
Low pp open limp early and not raise over limpers.

So is this the right move. I have about 7000 hands at IPN I am down about 1 buy in. But typically I think I should be up about 10 at this point so I am more apt to blame this on wrong strategy rather then variance
Any feedback is appreciated
Old 03-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Feedback needed

I don't know IPN, but from your description the players there seem to be loose-passive pre- and postflop. Against a table full of these opponents i don't like raising for isolation. They will call, and you'll be effectively playing their game by building a large pot with a mediocre hand.

Against loose-passive players i raise exclusively for value and limp behind with a lot of mediocre hands from late position. The dead money from all the limpers gives me pot odds, and in position i'll be able to outplay my opponents postflop.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 AM

I don't see why you expect to be up 10 BI over 7000 hands. Assuming 100BB BIs it is 7.14 ptbb/100h which is quite high.

Of course it is not that high if you play against a table full of 74/4/0.8 went to showdown 50% types [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 AM

def doable at nl50. any higher.... meh