Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Turn decision w/ trips on straight board

Game # xxxxx - Omaha High Pot Limit EUR 1/2 - Table "Madison"

UTG is a pretty donkish player that's often overplayed his hands and has reloaded a couple of times already. BB is a pretty solid player; a bit laggish perhaps.

Stack sizes:
UTG (€77)
UTG+1 (€181)
MP (€297)
Hero (€143)
SB (€95)
BB (€140)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls €2, UTG+1 folds, MP folds, Hero calls €2, SB calls €1, BB checks

Flop: (€8) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets €8</font>, SB calls €8, BB calls €8, UTG calls €8

Turn: (€40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets €40</font>, UTG calls €40, Hero <font color="#FF000">???</font>

At this point I'm 99% sure I'm behind at least one of the players. The pot is €120 with SB yet to act though, and I feel I have a very good chance of winning the pot if the board pairs. I'm thinking that KKxx is unlikely, TTxx possible but still unlikely, and QJxx very likely.

Are you calling here for the implied odds if the board pairs or you hit the miracle 8? (9 outs = ~ 20%). UTG is down to €30 after the turn call and will call a river bet 100% of the time; I don't know how often SB/BB will call if the board pairs and they have QJ or some other non-boat hand.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Turn decision w/ trips on straight board

fold here, your problem is that either they (a pretty good % of the time) have some of your cards to block your outs, or they have 2pr with the str8/chasing a hand like 2pr with hearts.. your hand has pretty big reverse implied odds, and pretty small implied odds
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Turn decision w/ trips on straight board

Fold. You have only bottom set and you cannot know that you win if board pairs. 8 is the only save card for you.

I think you have reversed implied odds.