Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 05:47 PM

Default My Saturday. Dont know how you tourney players handle it.

I'm strictly a ring table player. I always found that I have made more money at the rings instead time playing tourneys or sit and go's. I do enjoy tourneys. I love playing freerolls I've qualified for through the site or my RB affiliate or any tourney I consider an overlay. I've even been fortunate enough to win a Caribbean trip.
With that said, I was an odd situation I realized early in the week I had qualified and had points to play 4 tourneys on Sat. 1 freeroll and 3 Satellites. So I take a day off of work and commit my day to tourneys and few rings. Here's how my Sat went.....

Tourney #1. Poker Stars $20,000 freeroll. After about 2 hours I have AA cracked by 99. All in preflop. No big deal happens to everybody.

Tourney #2. Poker Rewards Sat. 10th-6th: Free seat 200K 5th-1st: Free seat 400K. Only 76 people entered. Down to 16 people I'm in 5th place. Chip leader raises, I reraise with AK all-in on button he calls with AQ. Flop: A K Q, turn 7. river Q. Not happy.

Tourney #3. Bodog 300 point buy in for $109 in tourney credits. Top 13 get tourney spots. Down to the last 14, BUBBLE TIME. I'm second from the buttom in chips. Praying for a good hand. Get AdQd in small blind. Now pray everyone mucks to me. THEY DO! I go all-in. Big blind calls w 10-10. 10 on the flop. 10 on the turn. No waiting Quads make me the BUBBLE BOY. I HATE BEING BUBBLE BOY!!!!!

Tourney #4 Bodog Calvin Arye Wild Card Satellite. Top 5 advance. With all my hair nearly falling out and 2 1/2 hours of play, I had a nice chip stack here. I'm BB with Ah Jh. 2 limpers plus SB see the flop. Flop: Js10h5s. I bet a little more than pot. 1 caller. O.k. he's on spades. Turn 3h. Me like that card. Now I have top pair with nut flush draw. I'm all in. He calls. BAM!! Spade on river. He shows 7s9s.I know I should have raised preflop. But I still will take my situation at the turn anytime. Besides, I dont like playing AJ.

That's my Saturday. Talk about a day totally shot!! I was really pissed and all these tourneys were free. I understand the freerolls are played more loose and winning your showdowns are paramount. But come on!! But this kind of things happen in tourneys all the time Money or free play. Just venting. Things are better now.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: My Saturday. Dont know how you tourney players handle it.

Sucks man happens to everyone, you will get better luck next time.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:24 PM

Imagine how you would feel if you paid $200 for each tourniment and the same thing happened each time.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine how you would feel if you paid $200 for each tourniment and the same thing happened each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty bad. This thread should most likely be locked right?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:37 PM

no, the OP has impressed us all with his horrible tale of variance in freeroll donkaments, I'm letting it stay

edit: thought this was BBV for some reason. this makes it even better, or something.