UTG+1 (t1740)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1480)
MP3 (t1400)
CO (t1550)
Button (t1080)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1770)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t120</font>, BB calls t100, Hero calls t60

Flop: (t370) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t370) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t60</font>, BB calls t60, Hero calls t60

River: (t550) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t480</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>
Old 03-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: well I liked that river too.

$20/180 I assume? I am thinking he has KK or AK here a lot (although I can't see why he checked the flop w/AK). Is this what you were thinking?

Sherman
Old 03-11-2007, 01:10 PM

"SB raises to t120"
"K42QA"

I fold here
Old 03-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Given his preflop action, villain should have QQ/AA/KK here often. AA or AK seems unlikely given the flop check. I could definitley see him checking the flop with KK or QQ though (which is a bad play with KK or an alright play with QQ IMO) With these holdings, both the turn and river make sense.

I can't really put villain on a hand you beat here. Interesting hand though, I'm sure there is a lot more to it and I'll be following discussion.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:31 PM

call plz. i dont see how youc an be confident enough about your read on some random that has already shown horrible logic/strategy. he only has to show up with something stupid 1/3rd of the time
Old 03-11-2007, 02:51 PM

In my experience that min-raise pre-flop means you're beaten. Usually by someone lacking in imagination who absolutely must value re-raise now despite the stack sizes.

You didn't improve on the flop so you're still beaten - but now their failure to bet is bizarre. Traditional wisdom is to bet out with JJ/QQ/TT here to 'define your hand' but after it's called and the turn blanks you're left in a horrible no man's land. Therefore when stacks are deep I've taken to sometimes check-raising hands like QQ/JJ/TT here. Could the villain be on that line?

Apart from that I see no reason why AK or even AA isnt value betting with two diamonds showing [you have Ace diamonds so they must be afraid of potential flush]. Does that really leave us with KK?

The Q on the turn only helps you if they had TT/JJ. Given the small bet size this is possible but if JJ/TT can fire out a huge bet on the river then they have titanium ones.

So what's left for them to have? KK ... QQ .. err ... that's it.