Black 4 16.67%
Green 2 8.33%
Grey 8 33.33%
Multi 3 12.50%
Other 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Fold AAxx bad lows one suited preflop in this case? Poll

For the first time that I remember I just folded my slightly better than AAxx. What would you do?
Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Fold AAxx bad lows one suited preflop in this case? Poll

This has always been an automatic reraise pot for me. If I was sure he would reraise pot so we go for it allin preflop then OK I'd have gone for it as always. But if he called and the flop didn't hit me hard or give me a flush draw then I would be guessing what to do and he is the type that would pound the pot if he had any part of the flop or draw at all.

I was probably something like a 55%/45% fave but in this particular case I decided not to fight it and gave up my $1. My initial second thoughts made me write this post and poll but I don't think it was that bad a decision. I'm not usually afraid to bet my cards but this time I didn't want to give a poorer player a 45% chance at winning a nice pot from me.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:13 PM

I'd rather fold than re-raise pot. I don't like commiting myself with weak aces.

nuff said
Old 03-11-2007, 12:40 PM

I'm no expert but if you're not prepared to get your money in as a 55% favourite, you shouldn't be playing Omaha. It's not like hold'em where you can be 80% to win against anything with AA pre-flop. Expect variance but if you get your money in as a favourite you'll win long term.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert but if you're not prepared to get your money in as a 55% favourite, you shouldn't be playing Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but that is not the way to play this game. Poker is not about coinflips.

kthxbye
Old 03-11-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert but if you're not prepared to get your money in as a 55% favourite, you shouldn't be playing Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but that is not the way to play this game. Poker is not about coinflips.

kthxbye

[/ QUOTE ]If I could bet on coinflips with a 55% probability of success, I would make that my job.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kthxbye

[/ QUOTE ]If I could bet on coinflips with a 55% probability of success, I would make that my job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I love it when people are dead wrong, and smug about it on top of it. I have no comment about the hand in the OP, but to say that getting all your money in as a 55% favorite in a cash game is "not the way to play this game" and "not what poker is about" couldn't be more ignorant.

kthnxbye.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:45 PM

If you *could* get your money in with this hand, of course you'd do it. The problem here is that unless you repot from the blinds with a wide variety of hands, you're giving away a lot of information about your holdings to your opponent, who has position on you. And with so much still left behind in the stacks, you'll be at a serious disadvantage in postflop play. Unless you have some specific read on opponent that makes you think you can outplay him postflop even after leaking this much information, I prefer a flat call here - not least because one of the main reasons to repot with AAxx (getting HU) has already been acomplished for you.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather fold than re-raise pot. I don't like winning..

nuff said

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP