Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Default TPTK, reraised pot. river play

I'm running fairly tight upon my poker return. 18/11 or so. Reasonable player, 30/20. Whats the line on the river here. He keeps three betting me, which makes me want to re-evaluate not 4-betting.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $12</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($36.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero ?????</font>,
Old 03-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: TPTK, reraised pot. river play

what were the stacks like? a river c/c might be sexy here it looks like he doesn't have much, but might bluff on the end. i wouldn't c/r cause he's not calling w/ air so i c/c cause he's dumping to a bet w/ air but might bluff. maaaybe he makes a call with like qj that he chks down on the end but it can't be a hand like q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]j[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] cause he's c-c-betting the turn a lot with the redraw, so c/c looks good.

i'm beginning to think 4betting here should be mandatory against a thinking light threebettor. a lot of times we just call here we whiff the flop and end up c/fing unless we make a move oop which can get spewy. if we fourbet he calls and we c-bet a whiffed flop he's gotta lay down unless he hits it pretty hard or slowplayed something.

pf w/ ak against a nonthinking light threebettor i might just call and c/r if i hit the flop or c/f if i don't. i find it hard to play against people who don't think so i use caution as the better side of valor holla.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:45 PM

I don't know what the stack sizes are, but you might be able to induce a bluff here if your villian is fairly aggressive. Thats what I would do as betting and having the villian stick in a big raise would be sucky. If you bet and he raised you, you might be priced in with your hand.

I think though you can induce a bluff and make a profitable call. If he keeps three betting you and has a 20% raise PF, then his range is probably fairly wide, especially when he is in position. The could of been a standard C-Bet for him on the flop and when you called he kind of shut down. Checking river would give him the opportunity to bluff at you with a worse hand. Betting the river gets him to fold a worse hand or raise you with a better hand (I say his raise would be better because the odds he would offer you with a raise probably has no fold equity and wouldn't be able to serve as a bluff).
Old 03-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Against this villian w/ AK OOP I 4-bet/push PF depending on stack sizes.

As played I think c/r'ing the flop would be OK, I probably bet the river for about $25 or push depending on stack sizes.

After calling the flop bet I don't mind checking the turn and trying to induce a bluff, you could also try this on the river if you think his hand is weak and checking the river will likely induce a bluff.