Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Who is Beating Stars?

I've been a regular on Stars for a while now. I'm beating the full ring limit games between 2-4 and 5-10 by a very embarassing 0.25BB/100. Not sure if this emarassing figure is mostly due to the fact that I'm playing bad - the internet definitley brings out my worst game - or that the games are just that tough.

One important observation that I have made, is that the players that I thought were doing well on Stars are no longer there. I know this becasue I am always lurking there. If they have moved up in limits, they haven't done so on Stars for the most part.

Just curious to know who is beating these games regularly? And where are the good players migrating to? It seems odd to me that players who are beating these games regularly would leave, due to the fact that there are many games to play in at these limits. Therefore the ability to multi-table on stars would bring in a considerably modest income to a good player.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Who is Beating Stars?

Games in the $2/$4 - $10/$20 range are usually about 10x tougher on Stars or Full Tilt than they are live. Because of this fact, I switched to No Limit online, which is where all the donkeys play now and my income is much better.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:52 PM

any online limit game is harder than its equivalent live. 2/4 online is equal to anywhere from 5/10 to 20/40 live in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM

Is there any US room that is uber-loose (40 to 50% VPIP). Im at FT right now, where I love the site but i know for a fact is not as juicy and fishy as other sites. Have tried absolute and UB and I hate them, mosty because UBs HH is a pain in the ass with PT.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:56 AM

UB HHs are easy; just open PA HUD, open the window at each table, and click the yellow autoimport thing in PT.

and no there aren't any super US sites or we'd all be there [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 AM

I dont have PA HUD because it cost me 25$ (for some reason the trial doesnt work) so there is no way for me to import them without all the annoying pop up HH. Its esp annoying because I like to datamine to get more info on opponents
Old 03-11-2007, 02:21 AM

I was winning for over 1.5bb/100 at 5/10 and 3/6 over 70k hands until neteller closed. Since I have been barely over break even at .3bb/100 over 50k hands. I am in the process of switching to NL now.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 AM

Right when the Neteller XXXX hit the fan, the games got tougher, but I think that everyone has pretty much worked around it now. It seems that the games are back to where they were in the fall. I haven't really noticed a drop off in my winrate, but I think I play a little more passively and trappy postflop than the standard Small Stakes 2+2er, so an influx of aggressive players isn't necessarily a bad thing for me.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have PA HUD because it cost me 25$ (for some reason the trial doesnt work) so there is no way for me to import them without all the annoying pop up HH. Its esp annoying because I like to datamine to get more info on opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit are you playing? Even at 2/4, 6.25BBs for PAHUD is a pretty small investment for a good product.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit are you playing? Even at .50/1.00, 25BBs for PAHUD is a pretty small investment for a good product.

FYP