Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 PM

Default AQ hand - lhe noobert

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Sk00l is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Sk00l calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.4SB, 4 players)
Sk00l checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Sk00l raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Sk00l calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.2BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Sk00l bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (14.2BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Sk00l bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Results:
Final pot: 17.2BB
Old 03-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: AQ hand - lhe noobert

Hi, i'd check-raise the turn for value as mp1 will most probably bet the turn, thinking you are fazed by the second Q (far from it). Theres a danger of mp2 drawing to a spade flush though, but it would have to be a high one to warrant cold calling the preflop action, so he may not be on a flush after all. I'm usually wrong and doubt this will be any different, but the lessons i learn from my corrected replies are priceless.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 PM

MP2 and/or CO are likely on a flush draw, but I think you can c/r the turn. MP1 will bet for you often, and you get a HUGE return compared to donking when he does.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:29 AM

I cap the flop and lead the turn. I'd rather eat diarrhea yogurt than let that turn get checked through.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather eat diarrhea yogurt

[/ QUOTE ]
Nomination for next NC title.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:14 AM

I think you have to C/R the turn here. With the agression MP1 has shown so far, I think he likely has an overpair, or possibly a NF draw, something like AKs/AJs/ATs or possibly even AQ. If MP1 checks MP2 will likely bet representing a made flush.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:45 AM

Check-raise the turn. The 3-bet on the flop screams overpair and/or AA (maybe KK) with a spade. Your flop call should allow MP1 to keep up the initiative by leading out. The check-raise is going to get an extra BB (or two!) here that you probably won't get on a non-spade river.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:58 AM

Unless MP1 is a nit (in which case you should have provided us with your read), I'd trey preflop.

Marchron,

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather eat diarrhea yogurt than let that turn get checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just effing gross. Anyway, what's your rationale for capping the flop?
Old 03-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Lol! I just missread the initial post and thought we called a 3bet cold on the flop. I wrote a very long post about how I might FOLD the flop getting only a little over 6 to 1 to call if I was very sure I was behind to at least two pair blah blah blah.. Lucky for you guys it didn't go through as the form expired!

Preflop:
Yep I would normally think about three betting the preflop here depending mostly on my read of the raiser.. Everyone else has already called and I probably won't be knocking anyone else out even if aggro 4 bets.... which is good for us here isn't it?

Flop:
Actually, I would have LEAD the flop in hopes of getting raised by the preflop raiser thereby putting max pressure on the rest of the remaining players (which is what we want here isn't it?) and making sure a free card was NOT givin! I would've check raised here ONLY if the aggresser was sitting to my right AND I was absolutely CERTAIN he or someone to my right would bet the flop. I don't think a free card on the flop would be a very nice picnic.

Yep I'd normally figure to be probably behind to at least an overpair once he three betted... I'd just call as further agression will accomplish nothing usefull that I can think of.

Turn:
I would LEAD the turn as the second queen also being a third spade might slow the aggro down and giving a free card here is BAD BAD BAD I'm pretty sure.

Barring getting raised by a normally passive player on the turn who suddenly wakes up. I am easily leading the river here too....
Old 03-10-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop:
Yep I would normally think about three betting the preflop here depending mostly on my read of the raiser.. Everyone else has already called and I probably won't be knocking anyone else out even if aggro 4 bets.... which is good for us here isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok. We still need to hit a hand. We'll do that often so we don't mind that they all stay in, but if they just fold, giving us 1SB for free with no risk involved, that's great too.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:
Actually, I would have LEAD the flop in hopes of getting raised by the preflop raiser thereby putting max pressure on the rest of the remaining players (which is what we want here isn't it?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we have massive equity in this pot and we'd rather have everyone stay and pay as we'll win this hand far more often than 25% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
and making sure a free card was NOT givin!

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read, I'd always assume a pf-aggressor to bet this flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I would've check raised here ONLY if the aggresser was sitting to my right AND I was absolutely CERTAIN he or someone to my right would bet the flop. I don't think a free card on the flop would be a very nice picnic.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, a free card would suck. We'd give them the free chance to suck out on us and not get value for our hand. However, even if that happened (which, as I said is relatively unlikely without a read), the pot would be smaller too. So the fact that they might draw out is offset by the fact that it's less of a pot we're fighting over.

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I'd normally figure to be probably behind to at least an overpair once he three betted...

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, that's MUBS. I (and most here) routinely 3bet with TPTK.

[ QUOTE ]
I would LEAD the turn as the second queen also being a third spade might slow the aggro down and giving a free card here is BAD BAD BAD I'm pretty sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, effectively turning over your cards and making it easier for everyone with an OP or 2pr to let go of his hand, while a FD will just call your bet and keep drawing. You're very likely ahead here, so go for value. If your c/r gets 3bet, you have to worry, but still have outs to draw to a FH, and likly can't fold the river for a single bet as you might also get 3bet by AA or some semi-bluffing 2pr or lower Qx trips.

In short, your lines makes considerable effort to force everyone to play correctly against you...