Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 08:59 AM

Default 1/2 Deep TPTK

6 Max. Effective stacks 420. villains stats are 50/15/3 over 90ish hands. I've raised about 7 of the last 12 hands and have outplayed him several times postflop. I think he's probably looking for a spot to play back at me.

I'm running around 30/20 over the same number of hands.

UTG and CO(villain) limp.

I make it 11 OTB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Only the villain calls.

Flop (25)

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks. I bet 14. he makes it 28. I call.

Turn (81)

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets 47.

I? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Deep TPTK

first, pot the flop to protect and get max value....this loose donk will call w/ kq/kj all day.....

as played, id call and react on riv...u have pos and he makes a wk bet on turn....theres some arguments for a raise...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Tough spot to be honest. Even loosey goosey's wake up with a hand from time to time. I'd agree with effinA and bet at least $25 into the flop. If he raises that, then I think it's more clear he has a hand. min-raising to $28 doesn't say much about his hand. He could have a wide range. Force him to define his hand.

Based on way you played it - I'd fold turn and wait for a better spot. I think it's important not to interpret this as a weak fold. Often if you make this kind of fold, your villain opp will think he can make the same move again (whether he has a hand or not). Then when you pick up a real hand and he does in actual fact make this same kind of move, you can stack him.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first, pot the flop to protect and get max value....this loose donk will call w/ kq/kj all day.....

as played, id call and react on riv...u have pos and he makes a wk bet on turn....theres some arguments for a raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with all of this except the bolded part. raising here sucks 200+ bb's deep. i don't think folding the turn is too bad either.

i'll call a smallish bet on the river but fold to a bigger one. maybe 40% pot is my switching point.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with all of this except the bolded part. raising here sucks 200+ bb's deep. i don't think folding the turn is too bad either.

i'll call a smallish bet on the river but fold to a bigger one. maybe 40% pot is my switching point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I don't think there is any reason for a raise on the river. The small bet on the flop is where you went wrong. He could be raising you back with a wide range of holdings because it your bet looks so weak. I think you should call and reevaluate the river.