Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 09:38 PM

Default 25 NL Overbetting donkeys

Hand #1.. guy has been overbetting quite a few times and is basically just a donkey in general. Edit: I did have a reason for limping preflop, the one short stack was shoving a ton of hands, and I was sick of giving him $1 every time he shoved. Not sure if I'd have called if he shoved again or not.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $9.75
BTN: $9.95
SB: $25.25
BB: $24.5
Hero (UTG): $65.10

CO posts 0.25
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.6, 5 players)
Hero calls $0.25, CO checks, BTN folds, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.35, 3 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $1.75

<font color="black">River:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($10.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $15</font>, Hero??

I'm thinking he's either got AQ or air, but why would he play AQ that way?

Full Tilt Poker
$/$ No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (SB): $32.80 in chips
BB: $24.05 in chips
UTG: $26.15 in chips
UTG+1: $49.25 in chips
MP1: $16.90 in chips
MP2: $29.40 in chips

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0, 6 players)
UTG: folds, UTG+1: folds, MP1: folds, Hero: calls $0.90, BB: folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.9, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero: bets $1.60</font>, MP2: calls $1.60

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($4.1, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero: bets $2.65</font>, MP2: calls $2.65

<font color="black">River:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($9.4, 6 players)
Hero: checks, <font color="red">MP2: bets $11</font>,

Converter messed it up a little.. he button raised.. I just called cuz he was a nit and I was pretty much done with my hand if an A or K came out.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: 25 NL Overbetting donkeys

1) Stone cold nuts?

2) Sweet donk bet.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 AM

obviously pot size is wrong in 2nd one.. since 2 people were in for 90 cents.

Edit: he said he had KQ in the first one and it was the only way to get me to fold.. I really considered calling since it was such a weird line. I did call in the 2nd hand.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Hand 1: He would definitely play KJ this way. Has he ever showed down a hand he overbet? Also, I would raise the flop in this hand.

Hand 2: I still rr TT's from the sb vs a nit although your line is fine too. Not sure why you lead out the flop. You will fold out all passive nits who you beat. As played, I would fold the river unless you have some reason to think he is capable of bluffs there. Without a read, it's hard to tell why he is calling your bets with hands you beat unless you have some bluffy image.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Im lazy so I'll only respond to hand 1.

Raise or fold PF

Standard on flop

Bet way more, like $3 on turn

Snap call the river BS
Old 03-09-2007, 01:17 AM

I call both rivers. I think I'm happier calling the second one though, but first one is still good often enough, IMO.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 AM

The open-limp in hand 1 is gross.

He bet .25 into a $2.35 pot on the flop? I could be wrong, but I take that as him saying, "I like my hand, but I don't love it." A lot of the time, a strong PF raise followed by a wuss bet on the flop=AK (at least from what I've seen) Pop it up to about $1.25

Turn is alright.

The overbet is just trying to get you to fold. I'm thinking if he holds AQ it'd be more pot sized.

Just read your edit for the open limp. I would have just tightened up a little before my next raise and then stack him with his next shove.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call both rivers. I think I'm happier calling the second one though, but first one is still good often enough, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I should have after further thought... I'm not sure why nits always try to get crazy with me the 2nd hand the guy had K5. I'm just trying to figure out if it's just certain people that do the overbet with crap.. and some it's the nuts.. or whether you can figure it out at all through their play pre river
Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: He would definitely play KJ this way. Has he ever showed down a hand he overbet? Also, I would raise the flop in this hand.

Hand 2: I still rr TT's from the sb vs a nit although your line is fine too. Not sure why you lead out the flop. You will fold out all passive nits who you beat. As played, I would fold the river unless you have some reason to think he is capable of bluffs there. Without a read, it's hard to tell why he is calling your bets with hands you beat unless you have some bluffy image.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead the flop cuz that's how I play.. I like to lead, what am i supposed to do, check raise him and risk a lot of chips?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:56 AM

2nd hand: I rr pre-flop every time here. I think to lead on the flop is fine here. I just don't know why u overbet the pot here.

Edit: Oh u didnt. Sorry about that. Didnt see the converter messed up. Flop bet is fine.