Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:56 PM

Default God I hate this spot. 50nl 6 max

I've just lost 3 buyins in 15 hands at this table(!), one set over set, top two v bottom set and KK v AK all in pf. So rigged [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. And I'm playing something retarded like 35/25. So the whole table sees me as a crazy tilting lagtard, and rightly so.

Villain stats are a disgusting 15/9/2.5 over 5 billion hands. NIT.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $50.00
UTG+1: $41.71
CO: $52.95
Button: $25.00
SB: $20.91
BB: $10.11

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.25, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $10</font>

I seem to get in this situation all the time and I NEVER seem to do the right thing. If I go with it they have a set and I fold they show me AJ like it's the mortal nuts. Folding here with my image seems incredibly weak . If I call the flop raise there's $26 in the pot and I only have $38 behind.

Should I be checking this flop to keep the pot small? Raising less pf? Help me please! tx [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: God I hate this spot. 50nl 6 max

I bet the same and fold to the raise.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:10 PM

I go all in. He probably doesn't have two pair given the board and that he called your raise preflop. He may have a pocket pair between 5's and Aces. Maybe he has AQ or AJ and thinks its good, because he thinks you are a maniac. Maybe a flush draw.

The only hand that beats you that he may have is 55 (in my opinion). I'd take the risk and go all in.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 PM

why bet so little on the flop? You're just asking to get raised.

As played, I'd call and c/r ai on turn
Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Delete your memory. If this is the first hand at that table, it's an easy fold. So fold. Sometimes, the dealer doesn't like you very much.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:16 PM

You've got to bet the flop, which you did. However, I'd bet $6 here - $3.50 stinks of fear. Villain may be a nit, but he may decide to take a shot given that you showed that you didn't really like the flop all that much.

Once you're raised, I'd fold. You have no redraws and you're OOP.

If you feel deep down that Villain is bluffing or raising a draw, you'll need to back that up with your whole stack on the flop: I'd say you're in push/fold territory given the size of the pot if you call and the number of cards you don't want to see on the turn.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM

You're sooooooo close, but you're thinking about this hand all wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm playing something retarded like 35/25. So the whole table sees me as a crazy tilting lagtard, and rightly so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Should I be checking this flop to keep the pot small? Raising less pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

People think you're an idiot and you've hit TPTK on a scary board. You've gotten raised by an aggressive player. Now's the time to play it to the bone.

One very legitimate possibility is to push: just three-bet all-in. Sure, you could be facing a set, but that's always a slim risk that we take. More likely you're facing an ace or a big pair that's hoping to push you off your hand, or a flush draw or straight draw that's semibluffing. Villain's raising range is reasonably wide, here, and I think he calls your push with TT+ and any ace. If he's got some gamble in him he might call with a solid flush draw, combo draw, or pair+draw. If he thinks you're steaming like a mofo he might call with ANY pair. Even against his calling range your hand is golden, and a push here is +EV.

The only potential "downside" of pushing is that your opponent might fold a weaker hand. An alternative to pushing might be to smooth-call the flop and check-raise all-in on the turn. The benefit is that you trap more money in the pot when your opponent bets the turn (which is possible but not certain) and your opponent still has time to trick himself into calling with potential (and slightly better pot odds) before the river card falls. The downside is that if a scare card hits the turn your opponent might check behind with a dominated hand like AQ or JJ, or he might check-behind on the turn with a missed draw and go for the free card. Whether pushing the flop or pushing the turn is the superior move will depend on this particular opponent and his interactions with you in the past, but against this kind of opponent I'd be more inclined to just three-bet all-in on the flop and let the chips fall where they may, so to speak.

Bad luck has established a phenomenal table image for you -- now it's time to abuse it. Assume your hand is the best and play accordingly. Your goal is to get all the money into the middle. If you lose again, that's just bad luck, but your opponent is NOT going to believe that you have a hand anywhere near as strong as TPTK -- force him to pay for his underestimation with his stack.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad luck has established a phenomenal table image for you -- now it's time to abuse it. Assume your hand is the best and play accordingly. Your goal is to get all the money into the middle. If you lose again, that's just bad luck, but your opponent is NOT going to believe that you have a hand anywhere near as strong as TPTK -- force him to pay for his underestimation with his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man that makes a lot of sense.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM

Yo, make a real bet on the flop. I'd bet $5 or $5.50. At $50NL when you're raised on the flop, you're almost never ahead. I don't think it's worth getting crazy here unless villain is a LAGGY donk and villain here is clearly TTAG so I'm laying this down.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Shove all day.. with your image and the FD out, a lot of these guys are calling with any ace