Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Default 25NL : JJ and a few questions.

I have a tough time playing JJ so I have a few questions.
Lets say this is the first hand at the table,full stacks, no reads.You are BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PF: <font color="red">CO raises to 1$</font>,BTN folds,<font color="red">HERO??</font>

1) let say we call
A
FLOP($2.15) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> HERO ??</font>
What is your plan now on FLOP,TURN,RIVER and why would you take that line?

B
FLOP(2.15): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> HERO ?</font>
What is your plan now on FLOP,TURN,RIVER and why would you take that line?

2)let say we reraise and he calls.
What would be your action on the same flops as above?

EDIT: on every flop we are HU with CO and if you don't like having no reads let say he is 30/14/1.5 over 100 hands
Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: 25NL : JJ and a few questions.

Nobody ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 AM

I tried to take a shot, but there's too many variables to answer all that well.

Pre-flop, I'll always re-raise against this type of opponent and bet out on the flop.

On flop A, I'll keep betting due to the T and 9 on the flop. This connects with a lot of villain's hands and I'm going to get value out of my overpair.

On flop B, I'll still bet due to the flush draw, but I'll most likely fold if I get re-popped.

All in all, Villain isn't very aggressive post-flop. So, I keep betting until shown some aggression. And although I'd like to exercise a little pot control, it's too hard to do out of position. I don't want to give CO any reason to think I'm weak here.

So, how wrong am I?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 AM

PF: Easy 3-bet, CO's raising range is probably quite wide, you will be playing OOP, raising will make you the aggressor, also you dont want to encourage BB to call.

2) A
Cbet flop, and bet 3 streets for value, something like 3/4pot on flop, 2/3pot on turn, 1/2 pot on riv if blanks come on river/turn. If we get raised on the flop I would probably call and try to get to SD cheap.

2)B cbet that flop, if raised fold, if called it would depend on the villian and whether I thought he would be likely to float me. I would probably c/f turn to a decent sized bet if called though.

I would never call in this situation vs this villian so I won't answer part 1)

EDIT: Thought flop B was rainbow. If called I would probably 2nd barrel a brick and c/f to a diamond and maybe AorQ. If he called the 2nd barrel I would check the river.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Don't know .. this is why I posted.
Ok..you reraise to 3 .He calls

FLOP(6$):2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HERO bets 5$,CO calls

TURN(16$): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HERO WTF now ?

You have 17-18 left.He has the same ?
You can't bet all the way to the river
Old 03-08-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All in all, Villain isn't very aggressive post-flop. So, I keep betting until shown some aggression. And although I'd like to exercise a little pot control, it's too hard to do out of position. I don't want to give CO any reason to think I'm weak here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering villian is playing a relatively large % of his hands I think that his AF of 1.5 is actually "fairly" aggro, not very but def. not passive.

As for hand B I agree about pot control and as you said it is hard to do OOP. I think that the flop seems a standard b/f without a read. If called and the turn blanks then I dont like giving a free card to a drawing hand so I would be inclined to make bet small enough that I am not commiting to many chips when I am behind but giving a flush draw bad odds.

As for the river (if another blank and CO calls turn) I am unsure whether it would be better to make a small blocking bet to protect your hand from being bluffed out, or just check and hope that villian checks because it would be hard to call a reasonably sized bet.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know .. this is why I posted.
Ok..you reraise to 3 .He calls

FLOP(6$):2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HERO bets 5$,CO calls

TURN(16$): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HERO WTF now ?

You have 17-18 left.He has the same ?
You can't bet all the way to the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind a C/R AI there as if you have been cbetting quite a lot(like you should be) then this will likely induce a bluff. I know that it is a fairly drawy board but it is unlikely that villian has a club draw and this "fairly" aggro villian will likely bet a straight draw, TP, and a lot of worse hands. When you go then raise AI he will probably be getting such good odds that he would have to call with most of his hands.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:13 PM

I could have the numbers wrong but I'll write it again:

If we 3-bet we have to raise it to ~3
On the flop pot is : 3+3+0.15=6.15
HERO:22
CO :22

HERO bets 4.5$,CO calls 4.5$ =&gt; pot is now 9+6.15=15.15$
HERO : 17.5
CO : 17.5

So on the TURN we have 17.5 left and the pot is 15.15.
We can't make a small bet here or blockingbet etc...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could have the numbers wrong but I'll write it again:

If we 3-bet we have to raise it to ~3
On the flop pot is : 3+3+0.15=6.15
HERO:22
CO :22

HERO bets 4.5$,CO calls 4.5$ =&gt; pot is now 9+6.15=15.15$
HERO : 17.5
CO : 17.5

So on the TURN we have 17.5 left and the pot is 15.15.
We can't make a small bet here or blockingbet etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I didnt really think about stack sizes, it looks like we are fairly commited given the board. As I said later, c/r AI sounds good, agree??
Old 03-08-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FLOP(6$):2 9 T
HERO bets 5$,CO calls

TURN(16$): 2 9 T 5
HERO WTF now ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This morning, I was reading an article dicussing how players tend to misinterpret weakness shown by players.

For some reason, many players like to put their opponents on monsters when their opponents simply call or check-call. However, shouldn't weakness generally be interpreted as weakness?

I say bet $10 on the turn. If villain pushes, you're done. If CO calls, I'm thinking the river will check through most of the time, as long as an 8, J, Q, K, or A doesn't hit.

<font color="blue">Actually, given stack sizes, the c/r all-in on the turn is viable too, as posted earlier by a better player than I.</font>