Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Norton Anti Virus Causes Cancer

I'm just posting a warning here from something i've experienced today.

I've been running Norton for about 6 months now on daily full system scans auto update of definitions, In short the works, and it's all gone smoothly. I've had a few things dected in that time, a key logger and a trojan along with the random tracking cookies.

Anyway I boot up as i normaly do and the computer freezes and brings up a symantech box saying there is a problem with the norton live protect. Anyway, i sort that out and decide to try a new virus scanner.

So i dl the program and remove Norton and installed Kaspersky. I do a full system scan and BANG! 64 infected files!!! 30 of which were trojans including several keyloggers, looking at the created dates most of them had been there since before Christmas!

So rush to my faithul trustworthy mac and set about changing all my passwords, whilst getting on the phone to get my cards stopped. This is where i've been for the last hour or so. I think i've been very lucky as i can't see that any of my accounts have been hacked or information used in anyway, but reckon it was a pretty lucky escape.

Anyway I just thought i'd pass on a word of warning about symantech, auto detect MY ASS!