Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Short stacked 10-25 Live... Do I bet this dry flop or not?

I dunno if I played this right or not. I just got cracked a few hands prior and lost a 1000 dollars, so I am definately short stacked with around 1300. Everyone covers me in this hand.

Dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Someone straddled for 50 bucks. Several callers of the 50. It gets to me and I raise in the big blind to 275 dollars. 3 callers. Pot is approximately 1200. I have been raising before the flop, but with not much success (which is why i am short stacked).

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I feel this is a dry board- really its not a bad flop for my hand.

I lead out and bet my remaining 925 or so. I figure I have the best hand here a lot of times? Of course having 3 villians complicates things because its hard to get 3 players to fold a flop in PLO. The ace of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in my hand helps me because that eliminates the nutflush draw hand. Obviously, if I have another club in my hand its all in without thinking for more than a second.

Seems standard to probably just bet out and go broke with the hand at my stack size? It seems like a fairly tighter table- but everyone likes to gamble with a shortstack from my online and live experience. I feel 925 is enough of a bet to get people to fold 1 pair and maybe a weak flush draw? I'm in horrible shape vs. a set and an underdog vs. a pair and a flush draw?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Short stacked 10-25 Live... Do I bet this dry flop or not?

You cannot bet/fold or check fold that flop so you might as well just push.

Preflop though I probably would have just smoothcalled the straddle and hoped for a better flop.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 AM

I pot that flop.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno if I played this right or not. I just got cracked a few hands prior and lost a 1000 dollars, so I am definately short stacked with around 1300. Everyone covers me in this hand.

Dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Someone straddled for 50 bucks. Several callers of the 50. It gets to me and I raise in the big blind to 275 dollars. 3 callers. Pot is approximately 1200. I have been raising before the flop, but with not much success (which is why i am short stacked).

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I feel this is a dry board- really its not a bad flop for my hand.

I lead out and bet my remaining 925 or so. I figure I have the best hand here a lot of times? Of course having 3 villians complicates things because its hard to get 3 players to fold a flop in PLO. The ace of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in my hand helps me because that eliminates the nutflush draw hand. Obviously, if I have another club in my hand its all in without thinking for more than a second.

Seems standard to probably just bet out and go broke with the hand at my stack size? It seems like a fairly tighter table- but everyone likes to gamble with a shortstack from my online and live experience. I feel 925 is enough of a bet to get people to fold 1 pair and maybe a weak flush draw? I'm in horrible shape vs. a set and an underdog vs. a pair and a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only way to play it is pot considering how you played preflop and your post flop remaining stack. You will probably get called by something worse because someone is going to have odds to call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I would be surprised if anyone has anything better then 1 pair plus flush draw with that board ==> who may fold if he is first to act after you, fearing a trap behind/fearing his FD is not good.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:25 PM

I shove this flop and just call preflop.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 PM

with our stack size/everyone's inability to fold to our preflop raises/our position shouldn't we pot this every time preflop and shove the flop?
Old 03-08-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with our stack size/everyone's inability to fold to our preflop raises/our position shouldn't we pot this every time preflop and shove the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's what Pete Fabrizzito would have you do. You got aces for heaven's sake play them like a man. If you want more information pls check the archives circa 2004.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:14 PM

the stack sizes are a LITTLE different.