Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Zero >> Hero >> F Me what here, oh....

Villain is 18/4/2.8. Despite preflop passivity, I think he generally plays pretty well, and has done well in the 2k odd hands I have against him.

I think his button calling range is pretty wide, and he will bet if checked to here pretty much always. Therefore, although check raise is clearly a bluff of sorts, I feel I am ahead of his range at this point. I am suspicious of flop flat call.

Then I hit my set and the action starts. What do people do on this river? What do people put villain on? Comments on all streets of interest.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($199.10)
UTG ($228.80)
MP1 ($205.80)
MP2 ($211.50)
Hero ($286.30)
Button ($361.50)
SB ($209.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button calls $7, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($17) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $28</font>, Button calls $18.

Turn: ($73) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, Button calls $40.

River: ($153) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $100</font>.

Final Pot: $253
Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Zero >> Hero >> F Me what here, oh....

Preflop is fine.
Flop I might justc-bet or c/c depending on the vilain. Does he leads with his set... I think on this board your hand has way to much showdown value to turn into a bluff and c/r is not a good idea. Anyway against some of the regulars who relentlessly raise the cbet a c/r good be good but...

Turn I'm leading to at least $60, if raised AI I call. You have taken a very strong line on the flop and he has called so he must have something.

River is kind of hard because your bet on the turn was a bit too weak and you didn't lead the river. KQ is clearly not in his range. JTs/55/66 makes sense. 87 is also an option even if he should have raised the turn. You are inducing a bluff here (but most of the vilain hardly bluff on the river) and showing some weakness. I might call or raise AI but that's really vilain dependant. Some of them slowplay QQ+ preflop on this kind of spot and play it really stupidly post flop. Some of them don't know that JJ is a 3bet preflop and might play it like this. I dunno. If I think that's basically a set or a straight I just call the river. If I think he can play AA/KK like that I push the river because he will have very good odds for a call: $111 for a pot with $354 in it...
I'm never folding this hand.

Ps: Who is the vilain ?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:56 PM

Villain is Mikla555.

Turn bet was small because I wanted him to come over the top. His flop call suggested to me he thought he was way ahead, meaning either slowplayed AA, or a set.

However, after his call, I believe he may be a little frightened of the str8, which is not impossible for me to have here.

I check the river, because I believe he has a hand, and will interpret me as being of only mid strength after checking and therefore will value bet all of the above hands. However, the size of the river is pretty perplexing to me - generally a bet of this size indicates some real strength.

I suppose I am mainly worried about 1010, or possibly a luckout JJ. My concern is whether in your experience 55,44, AA, type hands actually get this far, and then start really putting down the hammer.

The check raise is far from standard - in fact it is too small anyway - I think it should be 35-37 or so. But I felt my reputation was a little weak at this point and there was a high chance I would be given credit by TPGK type hands.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:04 PM

Against this particular vilain you don't have much FE on your C/R on the flop. I'm C/RAI this river. He will call with AA and sometimes KK/QQ. He loves to slowplay high pair preflop. I think he has a made hand on the flop so TT+/66/55/JT/T9 is his range. I don't think he is betting 87s on the flop so often. I haven't seen him fastplaying draw. He is slowplaying set a lot if he think that you will do the work for him...

By the way who are you ? PM me if you want.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM

I don't like the flop c/r, and would have bet more on the turn

as played shove