Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Default $10NL - value bet this river?

Should I be grateful to be able to check behind on the river, or should I value bet? No reads...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($2.15)
CO ($4.65)
Button ($9.15)
SB ($6.70)
BB ($14.55)
Hero ($12.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, Button folds, BB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.

River: ($6.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: $10NL - value bet this river?

I would check here. If you bet and he was on a flush draw he will fold. Same applys to a bluff. But if he has something there's the possibility that he has a King that beats you. I would put him on a range KT+ for having a king and it's just the KT that you beat.
If he holds an Ace I think he has to fold everything but the AJ to your bet on the turn. So i think there are more hands that beat you when he calls. And there are probably no winning hands he would lay down to a river bet.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:29 PM

LOL at checking this river. Let's see, AK, KJ and K4 beat you. If he played those hands like that, well, he gets my money, and I'll take it back in the future because he's semi-retarded. There's a ton of value to be had here. Bet about half the pot, and expect to called by Adxd, worse kings, and sometimes morons with PPs.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:29 PM

yes.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check here. If you bet and he was on a flush draw he will fold. Same applys to a bluff. But if he has something there's the possibility that he has a King that beats you. I would put him on a range KT+ for having a king and it's just the KT that you beat.
If he holds an Ace I think he has to fold everything but the AJ to your bet on the turn. So i think there are more hands that beat you when he calls. And there are probably no winning hands he would lay down to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're playing 10NL. Its a DONKfest. This type of thought process is far beyond what you need at this level.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:34 PM

You could have saved yourself some wondering by betting more. Anytime there is a draw (ie this flop) I try to bet closer to the pot to discourage it. When the J hits you gotta figure he called your flop bet for a reason so u want to know is it cuz he has KJ? So I'd be potting that as well. If he called all of that and then checked the river then I'm checking too. Here as played I'm probably checking. Looks like a slow play and I have no clue. Make a note for next time.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM

This is 100% value bet. the AK already beat you so the Ace really didn't change ne thing unless he had AA, which certainly would have RRed you preflop from the BB. Bet $3 and enjoy the call from Kx. or Ax of diamonds
Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 PM

flop - 1 - 1.25
turn - fine
river - VALUE TIME
Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop - 1 - 1.25
turn - fine
river - VALUE TIME

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I see people making these smallish flop bets with strong hands alot. I think people just need to bet the pot. If he is going to call 3/4 of the pot he is going to call the whole pot. with this hand, you want to get some $$ in there and I think this is the spot. At these stakes, with trips I Pot the flop, pot the turn, and probably AI on the river. It isn't as bad to bet less on the turn as there is less chance he is going to draw out on you and you don't want to fold out a guy who is drawing super thin. Here, you can't worry about AK (as he would have raised you) 44 or KJ is the only hands that slaughter you and you can't worry about them on this river

Also, note that even if he has K6, he will call you thinking he just sucked out a chop even if you have KT
Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, note that even if he has K6, he will call you thinking he just sucked out a chop even if you have KT

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way more than half the fish at NL10 would be thinking about a chopped pot. They'd be thinking ZOMG I STILL HAS MY K I WILL CHECK CALL I AM SNEAKY.

Other than that, good analysis. lol at these fish.