Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Playing against a Multitabler

Does anyone make any changes to their game, or 'plan' when playing someone who is on 8-12 tables at once?

Besides being intimidated by the prospect of playing someone who is obviously a good player (how could one play 12-tabled if one wasnt) is there anything that anyone does?

Is it a mistake to assume that a very high multitabler is a good/great player? Various PT# are 15/7, 17/12, and 16/10.

Maybe a dumb question but does you approach differ?

Thanks in advance.

Todd
Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Playing against a Multitabler

I don't change a thing. I'm not really sure what you can do differently to grab that tiny edge that they're losing by multitabling.

It's not like your choices of action change. You still either, check, bet, raise or fold.

Maybe try and get a read on them sooner and take more notes on them to increase your edge on them or decreaise theirs on you.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:54 PM

I wonder whether their game is necessarily more straight forward, since they dont have any time to see who the limper is that they might want to iso-raise, or whether the blind on table 23 is tight, and will always fold, while the blind on table 14 is an agro maniac who will always raise.

It seems like there isnt the time to 'get to know your table' and use proper reads.

T
Old 03-07-2007, 05:57 PM

If you know he's multitabling (and not a 'bot) sit on his right. He should be pretty easy to steal from. fwiw, most 12-tablers I've seen are rockier than what you've proposed.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:58 PM

I change if I notice he's playing on 8+ tables or something ridiculous like that. With that many tables he's either going to be playing subpar or only the best of hands, I think.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 PM

I three table myself (Four for SnGs). There are certainly times when I may not make a raise that I should preflop, but for the most part, I still look to iso weak limpers.

The problem for you is, just like the game of poker is a game of incomplete information, so is your information about your multitabler.

It will be tough for you to tell whether or not he's made a mistake or not. Perhaps he didn't raise that limper because he didn't have the read necessary to know. Your extra attention around him may make YOU miss something else. I think your attention to detail is finite (individually) and I'd personally rather think about the overall picture of the hand than focus to much attention on what the multitabler is doing, beyond the attention I already give a player's action.

You've posed some questions here Todd, it sounds like you might have some possible theories. Spill it.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you know he's multitabling (and not a 'bot) sit on his right. He should be pretty easy to steal from. fwiw, most 12-tablers I've seen are rockier than what you've proposed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems applicable.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 PM

he will probably especially hate being put those tough spots that all of us so called good players hate.

maybe, its just me but when I multitable I really hate those semi-laggy guys who, when they have position on me, always seem to call flop bets and if I show any weakness at all on the big streets they apply max pressure.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Jumping up to 1/2 there are a couple folks who play 10ish tables.

One of them I noticed is a psycho when defending his BB, almost to the exclusion of rational thought. In this hand I didnt do the math on my call, but getting 10:1 I figure, WTF. But BB was on 8 or 11 tables, if I recall, and as far as I know could be a 2+2er....

Guess what he had!!!

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (16SB, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 19BB
Old 03-07-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he will probably especially hate being put those tough spots that all of us so called good players hate.

maybe, its just me but when I multitable I really hate those semi-laggy guys who, when they have position on me, always seem to call flop bets and if I show any weakness at all on the big streets they apply max pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Set a trap for them earlier in the session so they'll think twice and maybe give you a break later.