Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Foxwoods this weekend (3/9-3/11)

Trying to get the 75/150 HOE game going again.. and the regulars there always want OE b/c there isn't enough holdem players who play that high.. I'll definitly show up if you guys want to get it going w/ Hold'Em in the rotation.

PM me or send me an IM from my profile.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods this weekend (3/9-3/11)

I believe I'll be there on Saturday the 10th to take my shot at 75/150.

But since limit Hold Em makes my eyes bleed, it's unlikely you'll be getting my vote of support. Especially since I'm taking a shot at stakes more than 2x as high as I've ever played previously.

I'm down for straight O8 or an O.E. game though.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 PM

u need to start the game friday morning/afternoon to start HOE, no regular wants to play hold em, and as soon as a few hold em players leave they will kick H out anyway. I like to start the HOE just to hear the regulars cry about hold em, they suck equally at every game, but in omaha they are only a 60-40 dog with their crap hands.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u need to start the game friday morning/afternoon to start HOE, no regular wants to play hold em, and as soon as a few hold em players leave they will kick H out anyway. I like to start the HOE just to hear the regulars cry about hold em, they suck equally at every game, but in omaha they are only a 60-40 dog with their crap hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah no kidding they were pretty terrible at holdem.. im gonna try to get down there tonight (thursday) and get it started before they can get involved and call the WAHHHmbulance on us.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But since limit Hold Em makes my eyes bleed, it's unlikely you'll be getting my vote of support. Especially since I'm taking a shot at stakes more than 2x as high as I've ever played previously.

[/ QUOTE ]
see ya there.. if the game isnt started yet or doesnt run over night from friday, show up early and we'll play 3-handed.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
see ya there.. if the game isnt started yet or doesnt run over night from friday, show up early and we'll play 3-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on getting there for 10am or so. But short-handed isn't what I'm looking for, I'm interested in full-ring.

Mark (day room manager from Foxwoods) had mentioned that the game is short-handed on weekdays and full on weekends, and suggested I arrive around 10am. Is this information wrong?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah no kidding they were pretty terrible at holdem.. im gonna try to get down there tonight (thursday) and get it started before they can get involved and call the WAHHHmbulance on us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that whenever I play mixed games, HORSE, HOE etc. the holdem round plays more weak-tight than any other LHE game I have seen. My theory is that people are just waiting to "show their stuff" in the split games.

But I am playing low or micro limits. Do you big guys see this at 20-40 an up?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that whenever I play mixed games, HORSE, HOE etc. the holdem round plays more weak-tight than any other LHE game I have seen. My theory is that people are just waiting to "show their stuff" in the split games.

But I am playing low or micro limits. Do you big guys see this at 20-40 an up?

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the older mixed game guys prefer games like stud8 and o8 b/c theyre more passive and less volatile.. so you can really run them over in the holdem section.. i duno why but their hand reading ability (for the most part) may be good in the other sections but holdem its terrible.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on getting there for 10am or so. But short-handed isn't what I'm looking for, I'm interested in full-ring.

Mark (day room manager from Foxwoods) had mentioned that the game is short-handed on weekdays and full on weekends, and suggested I arrive around 10am. Is this information wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

usually it runs all night during the weekends full table, but a lot of people will sit out and go for walks during some sections etc.. so it basically plays 7-handed.. rarely is the game a full table.

if i were you though, i'd bring more than $4k to play this game and plan on not sweating a big loss.. it can get pretty wild during the O8 hands.. but good luck and introduce yourself if you see me.
-Bill
Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i were you though, i'd bring more than $4k to play this game and plan on not sweating a big loss.. it can get pretty wild during the O8 hands.. but good luck and introduce yourself if you see me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you know who I is being fool? I is being the grand masta' champeeeeen of the Wednesday night PLO8 2+2 tournament. I mean, I beat out 12 other sucka's to take first place and win $65

I will absolutely crush dis game!

In all seriousness, 4K is all I'm comfortable with putting up myself at the moment, but I appreciate all the info you've provided. Hopefully variance will be my friend. If not, well, there's always the 20/40 games.

I may not introduce myself until I'm ready to leave, as I don't like to reveal myself to strong opponents who may adjust accordingly once they find out I'm 2+2.

I haven't decided on "who" I'll be when I come to the game, I have a few characters in mind. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]