Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Default **Song Spoilers for Girls Night 3/7**

Rumor has it:

Antonella - put your records on
Melinda - I'm a woman
Gina - call me when your sober
Jordin - heartbreaker
Lakisha - I have nothing
Sabrina - don't let go
Haley - if my heart had wings
Steph - sweet thing

The order is

Jordin sabrina ant haley steph lakisha gina melinda
Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: **Spoilers for Girls Night 3/7**

[ QUOTE ]

Antonella - put your records on

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh - Corrine Bailey Rae songs have this sexy thing going for her but this one is so slow and boring (can you tell I own some Antonella, I am a fool).

[ QUOTE ]
Jordin - heartbreaker

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the Dionne Warwick song... good choice, great song, she will kick ass on it.

[ QUOTE ]
Steph - sweet thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna assume this is the Chaka Khan "Sweet Thing" (Mary J. Blige does a good cover), and not the Van Morrison or Marvin Gaye one... good song for her too - very sultry and sexy.

[ QUOTE ]
Lakisha - I have nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good choice Lakisha. She can do Whitney. This could really push her past...

[ QUOTE ]
Melinda - I'm a woman

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from the Peggy Lee song book (Bette Midler does a version of it)... I think this is the song if it is... this song is a good choice to show off her singing prowess, but it's not gonna move the audience like Lakisha owning a Whitney song.

-Al
Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 PM

I don't like Gina much but she should do very good with that song choice. Haley chose one of my favorite songs from Faith Hill (Yes, I like country). That one will be tough on her to make sound good IMO. I think she is gone. Lakisha picked a good song for her but come on, we've all heard it over and over again. Antonella's song is actually a pretty good one. She could do very well or completely bomb it. I like Jordin. I don't know what to think about that song. Melinda should shine again in the pimp spot.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:46 PM

Gina picking an Evanescence song (at least that's what Rhapsody is telling me) is kind of lol, but yeah, it definitely fits her.

You like this Faith Hill song? I am listening to it right now and it's kind of meh, imo. Also it's not a good fit for Haley, I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
Lakisha picked a good song for her but come on, we've all heard it over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude - she is gonna kill this song I bet.

Oh and I like Corrine Bailey Rae, and the song "Put Your Records On"... but it is soooo slow and boring I donno. Seriously, Antonella should just pick the sexiest song possible (Divinyls "I Touch Myself", ftw).

-Al
Old 03-07-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, Antonella should just pick the sexiest song possible (Divinyls "I Touch Myself", ftw).

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussycat Dolls "Don't Cha"
Old 03-07-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sabrina - don't let go

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this is the En Vogue song (and not the Foreigner song, which would be really weird but possibly awesome):

This is an OK choice. Very recognizable, room to show off her vocals. A bit boring though. I bet she gives a somewhat unmemorable performance.

-Al
Old 03-07-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jordin - heartbreaker
If this is the Dionne Warwick song... good choice, great song, she will kick ass on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm hoping it's the pat benatar version. you know, the steinbrenner song in seinfeld.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jordin - heartbreaker

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm hoping it's the pat benatar version. you know, the steinbrenner song in seinfeld.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the version I thought of immediately.

Then the MC version.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like Gina much but she should do very good with that song choice. Haley chose one of my favorite songs from Faith Hill (Yes, I like country). That one will be tough on her to make sound good IMO. I think she is gone. Lakisha picked a good song for her but come on, we've all heard it over and over again. Antonella's song is actually a pretty good one. She could do very well or completely bomb it. I like Jordin. I don't know what to think about that song. Melinda should shine again in the pimp spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Haley is going to have trouble with that song. The only Idol in history that could do Faith any justice was Carrie.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 PM

if lakisha hits this song the way I think she can, it is gonna bring down the house