Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM

Default 300NL- Who calls here?

Table image- LAGgy, especially in LP
Read- Villain is a nit (impressive too, 15/7/3 over 5Khands)

I have been picking villain's blinds up a lot in LP and feel that he is getting frustrated.

6 handed, effective stacks $300

Hero on BTN A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises $12
Villain on BB calls

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($27)

Villain checks
Hero bets $18
Villain calls

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, Check

River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks
Hero bets $44.......

OK my thinking up to this point.... Villain usually reraises from BB if he's going to play. I think Ax is unlikely and big A are unlikely as he would generally reraise with them pf. I cbet as usual and when villain called I thought a small pp or float were most likely. I checked behind on turn to induce a call or bluff on the river.

Villain shoved river......

I have underrepped my hand big time here and I think villain does not believe I have an ace. I think he is unlikely to have one and I feel like he is trying to take the pot away.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: 300NL- Who calls here?

Hm... I think he usually has air or a boat here. I really don't think he's value shoving AT or AQ, and we assume he would raise pre with AK.

The only thing that confuses me about this hand is why villain would check the river after the turn went check/check... I would end up confused and probably call.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 PM

Bet turn, call river. You underreped your hand like a mofo, you cbet on the flop, checked the turn, then led out on the river, he could put you on almost any pocket pair, air, an 8, Jx.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm... I think he usually has air or a boat here. I really don't think he's value shoving AT or AQ, and we assume he would raise pre with AK.

The only thing that confuses me about this hand is why villain would check the river after the turn went check/check... I would end up confused and probably call.

[/ QUOTE ]

After Heros check on the turn, I do not believe villian is checking a boat.
Pair > Air > Ace > Boat
Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After Heros check on the turn, I do not believe villian is checking a boat.
Pair > Air > Ace > Boat

[/ QUOTE ]

this move would not be made with "pair"
villian will only get called when he is beat, so why would he do that? he would just call with a pair (or fold)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 PM

I didnt look at villian being a NIT, sorry. I agree that villian isnt pushing with a pair, but he could have KK/QQ and push for value? I dont see a nit playing the nuts this way either.
I am calling, thats the basis of my post anyways.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn, call river. You underreped your hand like a mofo, you cbet on the flop, checked the turn, then led out on the river, he could put you on almost any pocket pair, air, an 8, Jx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, made a mistake typing this out, he CRAI on river. I usually fire at the turn but against this guy I figured it would just fold out his small pps and floats and I wanted to squeeze some value out on the river. Why do you think betting the turn is better?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:19 PM

I bet turn for
#1 getting money in the pot
#2 better defining my players hand for better decision on river.

Like now, you are on the river with almost no information, for all you know villian has 88, he could have JJ, he could have QK high, but if you bet the turn I think you get a better idea of what he has then you can either just call the river, raise the river, check behind, etc, depending on what you think his turn call meant.

He could have almost any hand on that flop, turn is where you find out where you are IMO instead of having to make a random juggle as to what to do on the river.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:43 PM

dont bet turn. fold river. dont think 15/7s are even capable of playing back and if he was he wouldnt do it like this.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:49 PM

You can find a fold here. Essentially, you beat nothing but a stone bluff. I honestly think villian has a8 or 88, i c that happen a lot. You're not even deeply invested. You have...12+18+44=74 300/74= <1/3 ur stack invested, this is gay but u have to fold.