Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Complaint: modding in Politics

I think the modding in Politics is very bad. For example this one guy Tom Collins is trolling basically every post I make. And Iron is doing nothing about it. I can't even remember him getting one notice or nothing. A permaban seems appropriate imho. The guy is a pure troll.

In fact: Iron's helping the trolls get what they want:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9429638

*****Edit Jman220: I've gone ahead and locked this thread, it has been exhausted, and addressed by the addition of new mods. Any further discussion regarding modding in politics should either go in About the Forums, or in the "Hi" thread started by Censored.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Complaint: modding in Politics

Does anyone know a quick cure for bleeding eyeballs?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know a quick cure for bleeding eyeballs?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only cure is to let the eyes scar over a little bit. Soon to just become accustomed to it.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM

I would address this to Nieliso, but he has me on ignore. The reason Tom Collins and many others call most of Nieliso's threads stupid is because most of Nieliso's threads are stupid. If I wanted to adopt a [censored] style of moderating, I would delete most of Nieliso's threads.

That said, posters on Politics are allowed to call others ideas and positions stupid and that is what they did to Nieliso's OP, as is consistent with the rest of 2+2. The thread degenerated into a flamewar so I locked it. If Nieliso doesn't want this to happen in the future, he should start threads that are in the vicinity of rational.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

From reading politics it seems like all tomcollins does at this point is troll. Iron is a poor moderator because his forum is absolutely infested with trolls. this is a bummer because i like politics, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to legitimately post in politics and not want to jam an icepick through your eyes. maybe the admins can do something here.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would address this to Nieliso, but he has me on ignore. The reason Tom Collins and many others call most of Nieliso's threads stupid is because most of Nieliso's threads are stupid. If I wanted to adopt a [censored] style of moderating, I would delete most of Nieliso's threads.

That said, posters on Politics are allowed to call others ideas and positions stupid and that is what they did to Nieliso's OP, as is consistent with the rest of 2+2. The thread degenerated into a flamewar so I locked it. If Nieliso doesn't want this to happen in the future, he should start threads that are in the vicinity of rational.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone isn't sure which side to fall on this question, go to politics and read some of Nielso's threads.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From reading politics it seems like all tomcollins does at this point is troll.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, which is ashame because he is an intelligent guy that can contribute useful info when he trys.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 PM

I didn't think you could ignore mods
Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 PM

I am going to agree with jman220 just because he seems smart.

That said,

If the guy really is just posting horrible stupid threads, lock them and make it stop rather than setting another troll on him. Part of the point of modding is making stuff like that not happen.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From reading politics it seems like all tomcollins does at this point is troll.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, which is ashame because he is an intelligent guy that can contribute useful info when he trys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to defend Tom Collins here.

As stated above, particularly correctly by Iron, Nielsio's threads universally blow.

The first time you make a stupid post, some people will respond with intelligent responses and attempt to convince you how stupid you are, in a somewhat sane manner.

This might even happen the second time you make that post.

When you do it for the 12th time, the only responses the post merits, and the ones you're going to get the most, are sarcastic responses from people frustrated with the forum being cluttered with the same crap from the same idiots.

If the mod is not going to simply delete these threads and minimize the clutter, then these are type of responses these posts are going to get, and I see nothing wrong with them. They not only are appropriate, their humor is usually the only redeeming thing in the thread.
Closed Thread