Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Default $10NL 6Max - how to **** up QQ, vol. 270

Villain is new at the table, aprox. 15 hands, nothing fancy so far.
Hero is an idiot.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($10.40)
Hero ($32.65)
SB ($1.95)
BB ($7.70)
UTG ($8.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($3.15) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.9</font>, MP calls $0.60.

River: ($4.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13.95

To explain the call on the flop, I thought that the flop was actually really good for me without any draws I put him on, so instead of re-raising him right away, I decided to set him up for some milking on the turn.
Why I messed up the turn then is a bit beyond me. The pseudo-raise was a major mistake, no doubt about it.
The river is where I'm lost in analyzing this. My bet is quite weak because I figured I should be ahead here if I wasn't wrong on the flop, so a bet like this will get a call from a weaker hand. On the other hand I often bet like a moron on the river to show weakness and induce bluffs, so I was ready to call a raise here. That push really threw me off, though, and since a lot has to happen before I call that kind of raise with nothing more than an overpair, I decided to fold and curse myself deliberately.
Learned my lesson for the most part here, but aside from the questionable flop and the horrible turn, I'm not sure where the mistake on the river was, but I have the feeling, there was a big one. Is that one of these "I showed weakness, now I have to call everything" moments or is a fold here mandatory with an unknown villain?

And while I'm at it, I'm doubting my 3-bet size pre-flop, would $1.60 be better in the long run in this situation?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: $10NL 6Max - how to **** up QQ, vol. 270

This all started b/c you slow played with one pair. Never do that. On the flop you have no idea if you are up against a bluff, a set, or a pair of Js. Plus you're almost giving away free cards to make two pair, a straight, etc. After all that PF action you should be coming out hard to get this hand over with while you are ahead or to fish out a possible set.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This all started b/c you slow played with one pair. Never do that. On the flop you have no idea if you are up against a bluff, a set, or a pair of Js. Plus you're almost giving away free cards to make two pair, a straight, etc. After all that PF action you should be coming out hard to get this hand over with while you are ahead or to fish out a possible set.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, without raising you have no idea where you are, and by SPing your overpair which is usually never correct you are setting yourself to lose more then you would if you would just take the pot down. On the river he could of drawed out to make two pair maybe even a straight, this looks like a fold to me.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM

I'll jump on the "Never Slowplay" bandwagon.

Bet 2/3 pot on flop. this would have made the following streets much easier.

Preflop raise? Hmm... was around a pot-sized re-raise so meh...
Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM

PFR was fine.

lolol @ flop, raise much? Raise it to $2.25.

As played raise the turn, check behind on river -- three to a straight possibility, and TT, a hand you had value on, just made a set. Not much you beat will call a nice sized value bet.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:41 PM

Bet sizing BAD. 1/5 pot on river, spew.
I raise flop to almost pot.. $3 or so.