Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 03:33 AM

Default AKo with interesting PF action, A on flop...

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($29.60)
Button ($52.50)
Hero ($50.70)
BB ($44)
UTG ($209.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, BB calls $6.50, Button folds.

Flop: ($15.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($15.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, BB calls $12.

River: ($39.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

Thought this was a pretty interesting hand with decisions on all 3 streets postflop. PF is pretty standard, Button is an OK LAG with stats of 33/16/3 over 1k hands and has an attempts to steal of 28.75%, so his range is pretty wide. I'd 3-bet AK against most players anyway. BB is a different story, he's pretty tight with stats of 17.5/8.5/3.2 over almost 900 hands. We've played quite a few hands together but haven't really tangled in any big pots. I haven't seen him cold-call like this before PF. I figure his range is probably TT+, AK. Maybe a chance of AQs, though I highly doubt that. I'd also discount AA and KK a bit, since I think he would 4-bet those PF from what I've seen from him in the past, though it's definitely possible that he could cold-call with those hands as well. On the flop, I figure I'm WA/WB, more likely ahead than not. Betting or checking both have their merits, but I think checking gets us more value on the hand overall, since a ton of hands will fold to a flop bet. Anyone prefer a lead here? As played, I obviously have to bet the turn to protect against lone spades, and would have bet any card anyway. The only question here is the bet size. The river I think is the toughest decision of the whole hand. Based on the action so far, we know that BB has a pretty good hand. I think we can discount AA and JJ a ton here, since it's very unlikely he would have taken this line postflop with those two hands. It looks like we're splitting at worst here, but it's tough to put villain on a hand at all here. Do we bet small and try to get a call out of QQ? Push since it looks like we're ahead and hope that he makes a hero call? Check and let him try to take a stab at the pot? My personal preference is to bet here, since he likely checks behind with the hands I beat, but I really wasn't sure. Thoughts?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: AKo with interesting PF action, A on flop...

I like the lead flop. Reason being that I'd lead flop here w/ KQ or KJ or 22 or something I tried to three-bet light preflop but got cuaght by BB with a real high. Ace-high flops are great for C-betting after a cold-call three bet.

As played, I like your turn bet. Good size. I perfer to bet the river. I don't see us being behind that often. Betting 25 seems like a good amount to me.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 AM

Having repped a big hand pre-flop, I think you have to bet pot on this flop and call a push. Checking gives villain a free card, and although you have a good hand, its not good enough that you can afford to let villain improve without making him pay for the privelage. Apart from that, your turn and river action looks fine to me. Villain probably has the K of spades with a broadway kicker.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:50 AM

Please bet the flop, jesus christ
Old 03-06-2007, 04:32 AM

Bet the flop!
Spade draw
Old 03-06-2007, 04:51 AM

checking flop isnt so bad
but now bet river again.

i generally would bet flop though, hope he makes a move w/ a draw or something, or AQ. If he has KK you probably arent getting too much out of him.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 AM

I don't mind the flop check.

Bet the river if you think QQ/KK would pay you off otherwise check.

[ QUOTE ]
I think we can discount AA and JJ a ton here, since it's very unlikely he would have taken this line postflop with those two hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too sure if AA wouldn't play this way post-flop.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 AM

I dont think the flop check is bad, I'm def betting if I miss though. I'd rather check to a super aggro villain who will put me on QQ/KK and try to take it away. I'd bet $20 on the river against this guy and try to get a crying call. I think he def folds QQ/KK to a push but might convince himself to call getting 3:1. Or you can hope he has AQ and push it in. I think he either has AK or QQ though probably, maybe a slowplayed JJ, but way less likely IMO.