Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 01:59 AM

Default an Aussie review hand ...

25c-50c full ring party game

Aussie is in the SB with 33

UTG open raises, MP cold calls, MP2 calls, SB and Aussie come along

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Aussie checks, PFR bets, <font color="red">MP Raises</font>(loose passive-ish ... but will bet a solid top pair on a dry board), BTN calls, SB call, Aussie Calls

2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
AUssie DONKS, all but SB call

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Aussie leads out, PFR folds, MP raises, BTN 3bets, Aussie caps, MP calls

comments ...
Old 03-06-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: an Aussie review hand ...

err 3bet flop

edit cuz I can't read action
Old 03-06-2007, 02:08 AM

CRAP I fixed my post ...

SORRY AUSSIE
Old 03-06-2007, 02:14 AM

Let's assume MP has a flush. We should still 3bet this flop.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 AM

check/coldcalling the flop = ew. unless you were going to checkraise the turn. but just go ahead and fastplay it imo.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check/coldcalling the flop = ew. unless you were going to checkraise the turn. but just go ahead and fastplay it imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gunna cr but then the relatively LP guy raised the PFRer so I decided to wait for a safish non-4-flush turn to bet/raise...not saying Im proud of thinking this but FWIW i was aware that I should have 3 banged and almost did. sigh.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:21 AM

:grunch:

easy 3bet on the flop. No need to fear the flush here. If he capped your 3bet then maybe, but I'm not scared of the flush until someone suggests he has it.

turn bet is fine though a check-raise might have been good. I think you're betting for value here. Yeah, your set may be beat but not all that frequently. If you check and everyone checks behind you can be rather confident that no one has the flush and they're just drawing to it. more likely, you'll check, someone will open, and you can raise for value.

And like someone said, 'If you aren't losing a ton of money when your set is beat, you're not playing it correctly'.

cap on the river is a no brainer. No way I'm doing anything differently. As I thought, nobody had the made flush on the flop, but one or two had a single club.

boooooooooaaaaaaat.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 AM

since converted hands get more responses...here we go

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Aussie is BB with 3, 3.
UTG raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls,2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Aussie calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3, J, 8 (6 players)
SB checks, Aussie checks, UTG bets, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Aussie calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 2 (5 players)
SB checks, Aussie bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (15 BB) 2 (4 players)
Aussie bets, UTG folds, MP1 raise, Button 3-bets, Aussie caps, MP1 calls, Button calls.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:13 AM

I'm also not sure what you were thinking w/ that turn donk. If you get the opportunity to 3bet, you probably didn't want to.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since converted hands get more responses...here we go

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Aussie is BB with 3, 3.
UTG raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls,2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Aussie calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3, J, 8 (6 players)
SB checks, Aussie checks, UTG bets, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Aussie calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 2 (5 players)
SB checks, Aussie bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (15 BB) 2 (4 players)
Aussie bets, UTG folds, MP1 raise, Button 3-bets, Aussie caps, MP1 calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a couple of issues on the hand ...

1/ I don't like the the initial flop check ... in this spot I would lead out (a mono flop looks pretty bad unless you have the A of suite, or have a flush at this point. 25c-50c by default is a pretty passive game (this table was no different), so there is no reason to think this field of players will bet it.

if I bet and it's 3bet behind me I may fold (on mono flop I can't value bottom set too high, if a couple of these guys really like their hands ... I'll assume I'm toast - as they aren't likely to betting a draw here (I think the threat of reverse implied odds should also a factor here with bottom set because when you hit you'll cap all the way ... though don't know how to work this into a function to show how often we need to be ahead here as our immediate odds will be around 7-9:1)

if I bet and it's only raised I would go ahead and 3bet the flop (depending on the size of field that calls) ... if a caller or the raiser caps it (then I'm check folding the turn)

2/on Aussie's hand ... after the check - I have no idea what to do (I would probably just call and wait for a safe turn card to continue) ... but after the safe card hits we lead out (I have no idea why, I doubt we are in a position to be betting, if we have odds to draw then we should take them ... also, I think this is a really confusing play to your opponents - giving them the WFT effect)

after the flop action + turn action + plus the river action ... once it's two back from these guys I don't think we are good here ever - after MP calls the turn donk, he does not have a flush (also, he is not aggressive enough to raise the flop on a draw) the 2 has helped him (and he is not loose enough to be playing J2, 82 or 32 - nor aggressive enough to raise any of those hands on the flop - but weak enough to limp JJ ... I think we are looking at JJ or 88 from MP and a flush from BTN more times than not)