Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Scam at FTP...Beware

Here is the email I sent to ftp:

"Last night I was playing in the 200k guarantee tournament at your site and a message from a chat site came up in the chat box, claiming to be from Admin: Chris Ferguson, saying the first four players from the table to go to www.100k-fulltiltpoker.com would receive $25,000 each. I went there and it said i was the second person from the table to go there i was eligible. The people had the site setup perfectly with full tilt's website desgin and features in the box (but no drop down menus I found out afterward). I gave them a bunch of my information including my credit card info, name and address, email, and ssn (I know this was stupid but I am young and will use that and the fact that I was so excited due to the fact it looked so real I was not thinking about what I was typing in). Once I found out that it was fake (after having my friend go to the site afterward and seeing it told him the same thing), I was on the phone all night trying to block and change all my info, as well as running numerous virus scans on my computer and changing all of my passwords on my pokersites and other internet sources. I still have not found out how to secure them from doing anything with my ssn, but I have had passwords set on all of my bank accounts etc, so I don't know if there's much more I can do.

I write you guys in hope that you prevent this from happening in the future, to express how frustrated I am that this going on at your site (and discourages me from playing there in the future) and to let you know about this particular scam and hope it helps you bring these low-life's to justice. Thanks,

Griffin Detrick
G-Diddy20"

Fortunately, so far I have not lost any money over this and hope that it stays that way, seeing that I may have nipped in the bud early. I found out about ten minutes after doing it that it was fake and took action right away. I still though have not figured out what else I can do about them having my ssn. Like I said I added password security to my bank account(s), froze credit/debit cards, etc. I called the ssn office this morning and they said I should contact the three major credit reporting agencies to have fraud alerts put on my account (whateevr that means), but they all said that with the info I provided them, they couldn't access my account???. They were all the voice automated systems. Any help in this area would be appreciated. I know most of this was my fault, but again, I'm just going to blame it on me being young and stupid and overly caught up in the moment. Hope this prevents someone else from getting burnt by these people in the future.

G