Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Translating analysis in to practice

This is a question for the more experienced players here...

What barriers and subsequent solutions did you guys have to address during your progression from playing on gut instinct - to really playing on knowledgeable instinct.

By that I mean - where I am at now (I think) I largely know whether I am making the correct move in an ABC spot, but when I get to the trickier spots that involve the sort of analysis we do on this board I sometimes look back at the hand and think...

"WTF did I do that for??"

Yes at times you know without doing the calcs that you have a very strong holding and will make an appropriately strong decision, but where you have those more marginal decisions... when did you feel like you were comfortable that your line was based on a sound understanding of the game rather than gut instinct.

Also what helped you get more comfortable with those spots (aside from posting)
....Pokerstove?
....self -analysis
...etc

This isnt a "Woe is me! I'M xBB down so far! What can I do?" thread but it is something I am geniunely interested in just to understand how the more experinced guys made that 'leap' in thinking.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Translating analysis in to practice

[ QUOTE ]
This is a question for the more experienced players here...

What barriers and subsequent solutions did you guys have to address during your progression from playing on gut instinct - to really playing on knowledgeable instinct.

By that I mean - where I am at now (I think) I largely know whether I am making the correct move in an ABC spot, but when I get to the trickier spots that involve the sort of analysis we do on this board I sometimes look back at the hand and think...

"WTF did I do that for??"

[/ QUOTE ]
I still do this.