Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Ex KGB agent poisoning

I just finished watching the Dateline special on the ex-KGB agent that was poisoned allegedley due to his outspoken criticisms of Russian president Vladimir Putin and was shocked to see how many other Putin criticizers were either murdered or died in mysterious accidents. The courruption seems so evident that it's amazing that nothing more has been done. Thoughts?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17246562/
Old 03-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Reagan Called the Soviets an.....

...an Evil Empire.
It looks like the evil empire has returned. The poisoning of the Ukrainian president after the Orange Revolution was probably done by pro-Russians. At the behest of Putin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Revolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ukraine_Putin.jpg

The KGB loved to poison people. I remember they poisoned one detractor by stabbing him on the street with a posioned umbrella....
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Ex KGB agent poisoning

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished watching the Dateline special on the ex-KGB agent that was poisoned allegedley due to his outspoken criticisms of Russian president Vladimir Putin and was shocked to see how many other Putin criticizers were either murdered or died in mysterious accidents. The courruption seems so evident that it's amazing that nothing more has been done. Thoughts?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17246562/

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is being done because if you do something, Putin has you killed. Western coverage has been a little disappointing, but there has been some attention drawn to the deteriorating situation there.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM

The plot thickens.
[ QUOTE ]
Paul Joyal, 53, was shot several times as he returned to his home in the suburbs of Washington DC on Thursday...Four days before he was shot, Mr Joyal told NBC's Dateline television programme that he had struck up a friendship with the former agent during trips to London. In his interview, Mr Joyal said: "A message has been communicated to anyone who wants to speak out against the Kremlin - 'if you do, no matter who you are, where you are, we will find you and we will silence you - in the most horrible way possible'."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2007, 01:57 PM

The old communists did not disappear. They turned into the new capitalists to take advantage of the political situation and became mega rich by buying public works at a ridiculous fraction of the cost. They will gladly use old communist tactics to consolidate power when it is seen as expedient.

The Cardinal rule of dealing with communists: never trust a communist.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM

The plot, uh, congeals? "Another Russian critical of government dies"
Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 AM

can't understand why people get shocked by such news..
it was always the way how russian presidents solve their problems with criticizers.
tell me one of those who never used his power to get rid of them!? (or even in other countries)
the only thing is that others did it inwardly (and the eliminated A LOT more people, trust me).

and to all other putin criticizers:
actually putin is a very good politician! what he did with russia is respectable!
he gave back the power russia deserves.
his plan at first was to hold the country together and then make russia economically stronger. and this plan worked out.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't understand why people get shocked by such news..
it was always the way how russian presidents solve their problems with criticizers.
tell me one of those who never used his power to get rid of them!? (or even in other countries)
the only thing is that others did it inwardly (and the eliminated A LOT more people, trust me).

and to all other putin criticizers:
actually putin is a very good politician! what he did with russia is respectable!
he gave back the power russia deserves.
his plan at first was to hold the country together and then make russia economically stronger. and this plan worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You russians hate Bush?
Bush doesn't commit state-sponsored murder. And that is EXACTLY what it is. These are world renowned journalists, but above all they are people.

Silencing political opposition? The political path of the country is up to the people, NOT one man. You russians are too dumb to understand this concept, and are instead allowing your rights to be stripped away again, and again and for the last 105 years have allowed your society to be subjugated for what?

For Mother Russia? It makes me sick.

Once Putin loses head of state immunity, he should be wary of leaving his country.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 AM

at first, i'm not russian.

the system in russia was always like this and it's IMPOSSIBLE to change it overnight. russia is such a big country which you can't rule with such democracy as you probably know. you can't understand the mentality of those people.

it appears from your post that the whole society in russia is suffering.. thats not true!! most people there admire putin for his work. (russian society is controlled by him? look at your funny patriot act, thanks).
and you have no right to berate russians as dumb.

"Bush doesn't commit state-sponsored murder."
NICE!!! is television in the us only broadcasts sitcoms!?

"Once Putin loses head of state immunity, he should be wary of leaving his country."
oh come on guy.. how old are you!?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Bush doesn't commit state-sponsored murder."
NICE!!! is television in the us only broadcasts sitcoms!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Older than you if you believe this propaganda. Just on this statement alone, you prove that your stance is ridiculous and moot.

If you honestly think Bush is 'killing' civilians in Iraq, then you need to watch:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3f5_1...p;c=1#comments
and
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=849_1174284011&c=1

There are soldiers who have broken the military code, but they have/are being prosecuted. Again, you are comparing Putin who is mostly likely authorizing these hits (Polonium??), to Bush who made a case for war.

Seriously, if the American people and Bush were murderers this [censored] war would be over. We'd be using Russian tactics and leveling entire cities, and again your idiocy is astounding. If you really wanted to call Bush a murderer, then accept the fact that by these standards 85% of the United States Congress, House of Representatives, and the overwhelming majority of political candidates are also murderers; Because they all voted for the war.

Hate Bush all you want. He's made mistakes, and at least I can [censored] understand that they are mistakes. You are probably one of those [censored] who believe Hugo Chavez is the pinnacle of humanitarian efforts, Bush is responsible for 9/11, and that the United States is trying to take over the world.

The Russian people are sympathetic with Iran because Iran is buying Russian services. Support the Russian government? Then you obviously support this [censored]...
[ QUOTE ]
In August 2004, Iran’s Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing “acts incompatible with chastity”.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do some research. Girl was raped by 3 guards, and she was hanged for losing her virginity. [censored] animals.

These are murderers. Al-Qaeda in Iraq are murderers. When American soldiers intentionally set off explosive devices in markets, killing hundreds of people then you can make this argument to me. We are not. And the American people are not murderers, we are not conquerers.