Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Can I Make Money At A Hippie Festival?

A friend of mine and I are planning a trip to Tennessee this summer for Bonnaroo '07. We're thinking about loading our car up with cases of various items that will be very high in demand there (bottled water, beer, toilet paper, etc) and just selling them out of our tent to pay for whatever expenses we have and whatever souveneirs we might purchase there. I've heard from a few friends of mine that you can make a killing doing this, since bottled water at a hippie festival is a steal at $2/bottle.

Does anyone have experience doing something like this? It's kind of silly and honestly I'm not that desperate for money, I just think it would be funny if it actually works.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Can I Make Money At A Hippie Festival?

lol well at least nobody can accuse you of espousing the market system and then failing to jump in yourself

i think it would probably detract from your ability to enjoy the festival. you'd have to have somebody guarding the tent like 24/7. plus they probably won't let you in with a huge amount of stuff, then you'd be SOL.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:23 AM

Arguments against doing this;

- seems like a big hassle for nominal profit
- against the hippie mentality, man
- hippies don't have monies!

However, it will be filled with 17-21 year olds traveling on their parent's credit card, so you could probably make decent money.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol well at least nobody can accuse you of espousing the market system and then failing to jump in yourself

i think it would probably detract from your ability to enjoy the festival. you'd have to have somebody guarding the tent like 24/7. plus they probably won't let you in with a huge amount of stuff, then you'd be SOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm more interested in the possibility of being able to make a grand selling $5 rolls of toilet paper than I am in actually doing it, if that makes any sense [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (Frankly, I doubt either me or my partner in crime will even be sober enough to conduct business anyway :P)
Old 03-05-2007, 03:36 AM

yeah this would be a much better idea if the festival was close by, your overhead was lower and you didn't actually want to go.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm more interested in the possibility of being able to make a grand selling $5 rolls of toilet paper than I am in actually doing it, if that makes any sense [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (Frankly, I doubt either me or my partner in crime will even be sober enough to conduct business anyway :P)

[/ QUOTE ]

just give it away am share the love man

its good karma
Old 03-05-2007, 03:44 AM

hippies are stupid. piss in the water bottles and sell for $5 each sounds about right- they'll be too messed up to care/notice. some might even like the taste and return for more.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 AM

ive been to a few bonnaroos, ur not gonna make much money selling anything legal. the easiest moneymaker at a festival is N2O. theres taps everywhere for people to fill up camel-paks, jugs and bottles, vendors sell food everywhere and hippies sell cheaper food on the campgrounds, beers arent hard to come by either. by saturday or sunday cigarrettes will probably go for 5$ a pack pretty easily.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:14 AM

I suppose there might be demand for aspirin, alka-seltzer, condoms and imodium.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 AM

just walk around with a t-shirt saying on the back

IMODIUM: $5 EACH