Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 12:45 AM

Default NL200 Weird play with A6s

BB in this hand is a huge maniac. Preflop he was 65/0 and add a postflop AF of 22! He betted each street of each hand he was involved in, just folding if someone eventually was AI. I wanted to play with him. I decided to limp this hand because, I din't want to fold and didn't want to build a po with such a marginal hand against a true maniac (I would not have been able to fold on a A-high board against him). Players after me were all nits running 10/5/2 or so.

CO is 10/5/3. He seems at least decent but not really solid.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $271.30
BTN: $212.45
SB: $36
BB: $231.1
UTG: $96.55
UTG+1: $17
Hero (MP1): $216.40
MP2: $104.05
MP3: $90.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2, Hero calls $2, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $6, UTG+1 calls $6, Hero calls $6

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($33, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $9</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $9

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($51, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $34.30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $199.40</font>

My decision on the flop was to call and c/c any ace on river and turn, c/rAI any 6 or spade.

What do you think ?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: NL200 Weird play with A6s

if hes your standard decent but not good ABC nit, then hes not double-barreling anything you have more than 11 outs against and hes probably not folding either.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 AM

guts, bro...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 AM

Playing this way will get you on a lot of "friends" lists.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:39 AM

Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 AM

its not *that* bad, vs KK we still have 14 outs and villain may fold a lot of hands that are ahead of us.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 AM

Come on that bet on the flop screams set of Jacks or Queens from that type of board and the amount of oppontent, I really think queens cuz of the lower bet preflop instead of isolating preflop bet. So if hes got a set hes obviously calling and you dont have the outs to justify it.

seems like you played the CU how you were gonna play the hyper arggo player.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:22 AM

i really really hate this line all the way through. i don't limp in this spot, i don't call the raise in this spot, i don't float in this spot, and i don't c/r that turn in this spot. i dont know man i wouldn't make a6 a part of your limp/call range. i mean i guess you have to call because of all the other people coming along...but seriously why would you float this flop?

people aren't cbetting trash 4 handed...i just think you get stacked here a ton.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:26 AM

Limping pre is fine in this situation. Calling pre after the raise is marginal, but you may think you have high implied odds with the maniac so it is a small mistake at most.

Flop call is alright. Turn I think is probably a fold. Your EV is around 25% against his range. If you call you basically have to stack him every time your out hits and that's tough OOP especially if a spade hits (and not all of your outs may be live).

If you push you really have to hope he has AQ/KQ as those are some hands in his range you have decent FE against. Would overpairs fold in 30%+ cases?

Either way it's close between pushing and folding; perhaps I'd go with your TI - if you haven't been aggro lately then push if you have been then fold as you don't have enough FE.