GN: job is full time, unlike my 100 hours of poker

BN: I accept the job

GN: I take a 45 min. sauna, go to bed Monday night

BN: I miss breakfast in the morning

GN: I make my meeting, finish paper work and take drug test

BN: I fail the drug test

GN: I'll keep playing poker

BN: Stars goes down more often than Brandi

FWIW, I was really dehydrated from the sauna, no food or drink for about 14 hours before my urine test, and the creatine level was 3x the regular human level (because of my lack of ingested water) - so my test got flunked. GN/BN?

Have a nice day! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: A little \"Good News\" and \"Bad News\" story - since no PS to play at

Creatine isn't illegal, so I can't see why you're in trouble. I don't know why they would even test for it anyways.

Default Re: A little \"Good News\" and \"Bad News\" story - since no PS to play at

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I was really dehydrated from the sauna, no food or drink for about 14 hours before my urine test, and the creatine level was 3x the regular human level (because of my lack of ingested water) - so my test got flunked. GN/BN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good story. Stick to it.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
BN: I fail the drug test

GN: I'll keep playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Creatine isn't illegal, so I can't see why you're in trouble. I don't know why they would even test for it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHA! One person fell for it.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHA! One person fell for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, the initial test done on a sample is to compare it to a "standard" and that includes the creatine ( a naturally occuring enzyme in the body - from meat etc.) levels. The kidneys break down creatine into creatinine, but can't do so if there is not enough water. If there is not enough water, it is passed from the body.

After this "initial" test, then the testing is done to check for drugs.

My test came back as: not consistant with human urine. It never even made it to the drug test.

Whatever - Stars if back up, that's all that's important [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 AM

bad news: The Germans have us surrounded and all we have to eat is camel [censored].

good news: There's plenty of it.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 AM

(This advise is give provided you don't do drugs)

I worked at a clinic lab where we did urine drug testing. I'm not an expert, but I know a little. They do prescreen the urine before they test it for drugs. Another thing they do is take the temp of the urine, to make sure it came out of your body (and not a pee-bag or something else)

If you still want the job, I'd call them up and explain your theory of what happened. What the prescreening does is show if the testee did something to his urine to hide his drug use, and that's what you got flagged for. They should have given you a big bottle of water, sat you down where someone can keep an eye on you, and make you give another sample in an hour.

And that would be an observed collection. Meaning another guy is standing there watching you pee in the cup. (Had to do it a few times for the job, fun-fun). If you want the job, offer to give an observed collection, and tell them you understand why you were rejected, but nothing is fishy and you want another chance ASAP. You could also offer to give a blood sample or to do hair testing if they offer it. Most companies do urine testing because it's the cheapest and quickest; but it wouldn't hurt to offer for the others if you have nothing to hide.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want the job, offer to give an observed collection, and tell them you understand why you were rejected, but nothing is fishy and you want another chance ASAP. You could also offer to give a blood sample or to do hair testing if they offer it. Most companies do urine testing because it's the cheapest and quickest; but it wouldn't hurt to offer for the others if you have nothing to hide.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP seems pretty content with his current situation.