Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Creating online player notes. Help Please?

Hi folks. My first post here, got onto you guys from listening to Rounders The Poker Show with Mike and Adam, quality listening. Anyway, after playing for about a year and a half online, I feel I am now starting to move through the gears a lot more quickly in terms of improving my game through reading poker literature and playing too of course. I want to structure the player notes I keep at the sites I play online a little better. I am currently trying to form a specific format of keeping notes, ie writing down a key of what all my abreviations mean etc. I am concerned that I may be over-complicating my notes though, meaning that to follow my current structure would mean taking up too much time and space putting down the notes, and also, by over-complicating them, they may be a bit more difficult to follow further down the line? So many different things an opponent may do however depends on so many different factors, ie position, tournament if level if a tourney, amounts bet, pot size, etc etc. Can you guys recommend your methods or point me to something which may help me? Many thanks for your time and patience in bearing with my post as I ramble on, ;-) and good luck at the tables. Up the Stags!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Creating online player notes. Help Please?

Are you using any software like tracker or hud? Those help a lot with in game stats and knowledge. Are you playing cash tables, MTT's, or Sit n gos? this info will help! I can answer after i know more.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply mate. I like to play MTT's foremostly but I also like to play cash and sit and go's when I don't have the time for a MTT. I currently play at poker.com and bet365 (bet365 is part of the prima network, not sure about poker.com).I currently don't use any software when playing online, would you suggest I invest in some and if so what would you recommend? Thanks once again buddy.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:47 AM

Get PokerTracker and PokerAce HUD first. (mostly to evaluate your own game, and to help with your note-taking) As far as notes go...everyone does things differently. Personally if I see an opponent make a strange or terrible play, I will make a note of it and also include a quick thought to exploit that mistake.

Examples:
Calls down light: valuebet, don't bluff
Bets if checked to with nothing, give him the noose.

Some players even cut and paste hands right into the notes section, but I find that too difficult to sift through in a time crunch.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:50 AM

Take a look at these two threads, they have plenty of info in them
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=