Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 09:52 AM

Default An interesting challenge from GOD

I have seen a lot of "challenge" are up lately. Not sure who was the first player to start the trend, but it is definitely a good way to build up a bankroll and restart from the very low stakes to strengthen the fundamentals. I will make one as "From zero to $50K".

Some of you may know that Pokerstars offered a refund to the players who has registered for the $50K Freeroll this morning due to the server problem. I couldn't sleep at that time and decided to play on it without planning to (Travelling overseas at this moment, and my BR on PS was all withdrawn due to security reasons). I already had an idea to start a challenge a few days ago but couldn't determine what's the good amount and method to go with. After I got around $75 for free I played a bit on $1/$2 FL since I already downloaded the software in this netcafe. I turned it to about $165 now. Then I had this idea of taking this as a start

I feel quite excited to get this challenge going. Not that I think anyone would care, I just want to use this place to update my progress and it will give me more motivation. If I am busted then let it be, it was free money anyway. Looking to complete this in 2~3 months. 8 hours of play each day, 25 days a month. Laugh out loud if you think it's impossible, at least I am seriously trying [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: An interesting challenge from GOD

I wish you good luck

hopefully you don't run into a big downswing like the others that tried.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 AM

Update: $800 in BR

Arrived in my hometown at Wednesday night
Spent some days to settle down and pick up the computer from my friend's place
I started running this project on Saturday @ NL$50
It turned out pretty well after several hours on both Sat & Sun
Now I look forward to moving up to NL$100 as soon as I accumulate $1500
Still, please wish me luck if you have read this
Old 03-12-2007, 06:32 AM

please post here if you bust, the other guys just always disappear
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

I more curious what will happen when he runs into a downswing
Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 PM

Thanks for the responses, no matter you expect to see me bust or succeed, it just helps me gain more motivation when I keep updating this challenge in public
(Grinding out 8 hours a day alone isn't easy)
$2065 now
As the players seem to be tougher on low stakes nowadays, I don't think I can complete the $50000 goal in 2~3 months
(With some help from rakeback, I might be able to)
I have set the monthly goal of March at $15000 in BR, which is still $13000 to go with 17 days left
It's going to be very difficult, however, the goal is more at the high-end so even if I can't reach, I can still get close to there.
A more reasonable target would be around $10000, since it isn't a full calendar month in March, it's quite acceptable.
I ran into a downswing before my trip overseas, and I hope it won't happen again in the future [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 AM

hey welcome back, thought you werent coming back, if all true im impressed with this progress.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:32 AM

Thanks, I ain't like one of those pro-wannabes who just had an arrogant unrealistic plan then never put it into practice. One year ago I posted here claiming that I was going pro, lots of 2+2ers shot me down coz I just started to play by then. All they said was that I needed to spend at least 1 year to be a winning player. I turned to be a winning player the second week after I started to read books. I try very hard to achieve my goal, so I guess it differs me from most others. Anyway, as my progress goes, $3025 at current
Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I ain't like one of those pro-wannabes who just had an arrogant unrealistic plan then never put it into practice. One year ago I posted here claiming that I was going pro, lots of 2+2ers shot me down coz I just started to play by then. All they said was that I needed to spend at least 1 year to be a winning player. I turned to be a winning player the second week after I started to read books. I try very hard to achieve my goal, so I guess it differs me from most others. Anyway, as my progress goes, $3025 at current

[/ QUOTE ]

What stakes are you currently playing?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:34 PM

NL$100. 8 hours a day